Author Topic: Where the heck do I buy cymbal stands?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Where the heck do I buy cymbal stands?
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:25:21 PM »
I've looked on ebay but can't find just a stand...I've got an older Sabian tht I'd like to put on my set but no stand for it...I was looking on ebay since I don't need anything special stand wise...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:43:32 PM by sluggish »

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
Re: Where the heck do I buy cymbal stands?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »
I've looked on ebay but can't find just a stand...I've got an older Sabian tht I'd like to put on my set but no stand for it...I was looking on ebay since I don't need anything special stand wise...

Musician's Friend has decent prices(before shipping)..  I'm partial to Gibraltar and the stuff of there's that I do have is over 20 years old and still looks and works like the day I bought it..
Just looked on eBay and found tons of cymbal stands(all types)..  Could check locally on Craigslist too..  
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »
Thanks guys. Ano - Only ones I saw were hihat stands...maybe was looking in the wrong section.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
You could call evan at bandland..... http://www.bandlandmusic.com/

He will sell to you at a reasonable price.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »
You could always offer a friend free entry to all gigs if he will stand there and hold it for you.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
You could always offer a friend free entry to all gigs if he will stand there and hold it for you.
LOL!

I got another question now...I'd like to play a song on my ipod through my speakers AND earbuds on my ipod...what's the best way to do this? 4-12 chan mixer?

FlyKommando.com

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
I use an Ipod for break music through my PA. I don't use the headphone output, I use an adaptor that has an Ipod multipin connector on it ( like the USB adaptor that came with your Ipod) only it has left and right RCA out connectors, and a 12v input for charging. This adapt. was designed for use in car audio application but works well for adding an Ipod to any system with audio inputs. I don't know if you can listen thru the HP out while the multi pin connector is plugged in or not. I guess you would have to try it. However I'm sure you could monitor the Ipod from the HP out on a mixer board.

Regards,
Jenks
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
Seems like a lotta work, if I ever ge tthis done it will be a mess of cords heheh.

Here's what this guy said:

i use a 12 channel mixer with my ipod run into it as well as my drums then get the mix just right then run that into the mic jack on a laptop and use the webcam to do the video i do no after editing whatsoever like most people do so the video and sound are done at the exact same time i dont sync anything up

He records drum covers, but I just want to do it in case I want to play for anyone. So I can just erase the laptop/video cam and just have the speakers/ipod, but not exactly sure of the easiest/cheapest way...

FlyKommando.com