Author Topic: Map Makers. HTC and Spawn Campers  (Read 736 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Map Makers. HTC and Spawn Campers
« on: March 02, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »
As a note this, is not about spawn campers per se, but a suggested method to improve play.  I have spawned camped many times myself albeit I have little patience for sitting there for very long.  I will spawn camp again.

I had a chance to test out ways to beat spawn campers over the weekend without going to air power.  I got killed a lot but I did take a few reds down.  There are some really good shooters in the tanks, that is for sure.  If the GV spawn covers 360 degrees, not much you can do unless a large number of players spawn in at the same time.  The old standard Panzer as an example can only turn the turret about 180 degrees before the red's firing begins.   The number of times I spawned in with a target in the limited kill circle of the turret was small.  The number of times I spawned in protected by berms, building and the like was equally as small.  The always well camped V85 is a good example of a bad spawn in area unless you are the spawn camper.

Spawn camping is part of the game.  I do not suggest eliminating that aspect of the game.  I do suggest map makers and HTC consider methods like broader spawn in areas and or increasing the odds of spawning into an area that is not directly exposed to enemy fire.

Inside the Crater is a well thought out spawn in areas making for epic tank battles.  Not that spawn campers can't cover a spawn it is just much harder to cover all the spawns.  There are a few others maps that have epic spawn in tank battles that are huge fun for both red and green.  V85 with just a little tweaking could have huge tank battles all of the time instead a few isolated battles.

The worst spawn camps areas are the ones that have large open areas and good hiding areas for the spawn campers and near by air support as well.  If the map maker wants an open spawn in area then give  the spawn'ers a near by air base.  Not the spawn campers.

One might say, that the simple answer is to not spawn into a well camped area which is true and sound advice.  The point and fun of the game is combat.  The more equal the battle the more intense it becomes.

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
Re: Map Makers. HTC and Spawn Campers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 03:10:35 PM »
Randy, Dump the Panzer if your trying to fight out of a spawn camp. T34-85 turrent is much faster. You just have to get used to the lousy optics. You can usually pick one off before you are. And a lot of times the spawn campers have to drive a long way. Kill them once and its done.
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:20 PM »
Randy, Dump the Panzer if your trying to fight out of a spawn camp. T34-85 turrent is much faster. You just have to get used to the lousy optics. You can usually pick one off before you are. And a lot of times the spawn campers have to drive a long way. Kill them once and its done.

works for one guy. Sometimes there are squads strategically placed.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
I give one free kill to spawn campers, then out come the bombs.  No shame!!!!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »
I'm with wil3er on this.  I'll give it a few tries, then I'm coming back to bomb the bejesus outta someone.  It's shallow, yes, but it makes me feel better.   :)   

And I have never spawn camped!     :rolleyes:
"One-Eye"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »
Smoke.

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »
the problem i see with spawn camping is that they score the same as kills that require skill. so if your a person that's good and has skill well guess what according to the computer your no better then a person that spawn camps with the same amount of kills.