Author Topic: Great FSO...lotta action  (Read 1326 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: Great FSO...lotta action
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
  Nice vid Vulcan :)

Heres some screenies...

Clearing CptA

CptA clear!

Clearing Vulcan

Kaboom!

Nothing but eyeballs and ailerons!

Time to run!

Vulcan!!!!!!

So that others may live

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:55:36 PM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
Great pics Filth!
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 02:12:14 AM »
I think that was me, cpta musta damaged you already.

Hmm, must have been. 
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
Again that was me (I think), man I was a popular dance date....

I had made a pass on someone, looked back, saw a 109F 400 off my 6, rolled down into the deck, went into some hard rolling scissors, that wasn't working so I dropped a notch of flaps and pulled hard, a 2nd 109 joined in that I didn't see and got some hits on me (my wings looked like swiss cheese) but filth and the guys came in just in time. Filth nailed the other guy and you took off. I do have that on fraps and will throw it onto youtube later :)

I don't think this was me, from your film it looks earlier in the fight?

I came back over the field late in the fight. I think Stoney was the only other LW left? He was damaged but made an attack on a group away from the field. I pulled up to a lone P-40 about 5-6k over the field, and we started looping and zooming back up. Made several loops like this and I was finally gaining angles, and got a couple mg rounds in him. As we came down the last time I thought I had him, but 3 P-40's came in from 12 o low. I ducked under them and kept going. I wish I could run film, but my ancient machine is taxed already.

Great fun and great flying all around.  :salute

If you figure out who it was let me know. Thanks for posting the film, it was fun to watch from your side. I was in a 109F.

Frodo
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:11:45 AM by Frodo »

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALdB07Rb95Q
Your pursuer was out of canon, and a terrible shot. :lol In the end I ran out of bbs and couldn't disengage. Stoney tried to cover me but all it did was burn his E and leave him vulnerable.  :uhoh

Nice evasives.  :salute
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 11:50:31 AM »
My demise short of the target..

:salute Hobo!

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
I don't think this was me, from your film it looks earlier in the fight?

I came back over the field late in the fight. I think Stoney was the only other LW left? He was damaged but made an attack on a group away from the field. I pulled up to a lone P-40 about 5-6k over the field, and we started looping and zooming back up. Made several loops like this and I was finally gaining angles, and got a couple mg rounds in him. As we came down the last time I thought I had him, but 3 P-40's came in from 12 o low. I ducked under them and kept going. I wish I could run film, but my ancient machine is taxed already.

Great fun and great flying all around.  :salute

If you figure out who it was let me know. Thanks for posting the film, it was fun to watch from your side. I was in a 109F.

Frodo

Mutsta been someone else then -  I was looping doing loads of vertical until the fraps film above. Sounds like it was stoney and easyscor on me in that fight :)

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
That woulda been me Frodo. I was tailing you and you were dragging me out slowly taking advantage of your climb finnally you went hard vert and I thought you didnt have enough power went for the shot realized it wasn't happening for me flopped and ran to big daddy filth who is our p40 ace ^.^

[Oh and mad props to cptA and Vulcan for apparently being able to take roughly the same punishment as a bomber with their fighters  :rock]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 12:08:29 PM by Greziz »

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »
That woulda been me Frodo. I was tailing you and you were dragging me out slowly taking advantage of your climb finnally you went hard vert and I thought you didnt have enough power went for the shot realized it wasn't happening for me flopped and ran to big daddy filth who is our p40 ace ^.^

[Oh and mad props to cptA and Vulcan for apparently being able to take roughly the same punishment as a bomber with their fighters  :rock]
Well salute to a fun fight! When I went vert as hard as I could I thought I was ok. But you landed a few rounds and I was worried about my e state. Was very glad to see you roll over! Nice flying.  :salute
Thought about staying in the fight when flith and friends came in, but I would not have lasted long.  :D
Thanks for the reply.

Frodo

JG11 

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
With all that action sounds like Sting must of blown a fuse that night!   :)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »
With all that action sounds like Sting must of blown a fuse that night!   :)
   :aok

Was very busy for a while, and I saw some great flying on both sides. I cam imagine there were some fights very similar to this on the Eastern Front. This is what makes it fun for me.

I swear the P-40's seemed like they were flying with 10% fuel.  ;)

Frodo

JG11 

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »
I had about 50 percent of my fuel in my p40 from all kinds of fuel managing flying my squad does flying with lower rpms and stuff ^.^ we make good time and are about 33 percent more fuel effecient. I prefer to fly nice and heavy as I tend to fight with my energy as opposed to relying on my planes ability to simply muster more energy for me to blow all willy nilly like a spit or 109.