Author Topic: loop hole in the rules  (Read 2457 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
loop hole in the rules
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:53:27 AM »
I discussed this with Dogg after the event happened. I was in what seemed to be a 2v1 during the KI84 round with me109262 and some other guy. I got 109s six and ping him up good and heard his engine cut off which I took as him being deadstick. Right then i disengaged and got the six of the plane which was diving on me and was about to kill him when 109 comes back from the dead and kills me. Now I know he was all in his rights there to cut his engine but I kinda wish their be a rule where you cant cut your engine off. I could easily cut it when im oil leaked then engage the guy after he pulls away.....just saying  :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: loop hole in the rules
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:07:17 AM »
no loop hole there.............

people for the past 8 to 9 years have been cutting their engines for numerous reasons........

oil leaks
radiator / water leaks
to save fuel

this must have been your 1st KOTH or nearly so.............people have done this stuff for ages...........sorry to have to let you know that you got FOXED............

now go use it on your next KOTH opponent  ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »
no loop hole there.............

people for the past 8 to 9 years have been cutting their engines for numerous reasons........

oil leaks
radiator / water leaks
to save fuel

this must have been your 1st KOTH or nearly so.............people have done this stuff for ages...........sorry to have to let you know that you got FOXED............

now go use it on your next KOTH opponent  ;)
Ive been acouple Koths, are you saying people do this thing on purpose? I admit I should have knocked him down but just saying its still can be used as a loop hole :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
Simple enough:
5) If eliminated, bail out and exit flight (.ef) immediately.
* You are eliminated if:
  * You break the 6K alt cap
  * You cannot maintain powered and controlled flight (see 6)
  * You run out of fuel (see 6)
  * You run out of ammo (see 6)
  * Your Plane catches fire (see 6)

Should have been gone right after that.
Great fights last night, was a lot of fun!
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »
Simple enough:
5) If eliminated, bail out and exit flight (.ef) immediately.
* You are eliminated if:
  * You break the 6K alt cap
  * You cannot maintain powered and controlled flight (see 6)
  * You run out of fuel (see 6)
  * You run out of ammo (see 6)
  * Your Plane catches fire (see 6)

Should have been gone right after that.
Great fights last night, was a lot of fun!
I know the rules, problem with it is when I thought he lost the ability for holding powered and controlled flight.

But definately good fights :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 10:24:58 PM »
Well, there are a few loop holes for engine cut off's.  1 is the hurri I and spit I which have a carbs that cut the engine when pulling negative G's.  2 is if someone had there fuel selected to a specific tank that ran dry and they forgot to switch it (<-- more then likely the case).  3. they turn it off and then back of to keep from over shooting. 

The maintain a powered controlled flight is for engines that can not be restarted because of seizure or what ever.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 04:29:37 AM »
Yea, I got to live with it, im just mad because I should have won that round and been a wabbit  :D
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »
Gives you motivation for the next time junky
-AoM-

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 06:32:05 PM »
When you are dead stick you are supposed to bail out immediately unless it's the final two.  Turning off your engine to play dead is just being tricky.  What would be more of a concern is if you actually dead sticked/flamed the enemy and moved on and he managed follow you and kill you.  Most KOTH regs will call out 'dead stick, good fight, and bail or auger' as the rules state.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
I was there for this one and me109 is a squaddie of mine.  He's not on the the boards though. 

For what it's worth he wasn't trying to fake being deadstick, he's under the impression that turning with your engine off helps you turn tighter, or makes forcing an overshoot easier.  Or something. 

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:42:04 PM »
I was there for this one and me109 is a squaddie of mine.  He's not on the the boards though. 

For what it's worth he wasn't trying to fake being deadstick, he's under the impression that turning with your engine off helps you turn tighter, or makes forcing an overshoot easier.  Or something. 

I meant no offense and I found out afterward just was confusing on my side. Killing your engine isnt a smart move you can always cut throttle completely but the extra steps of turning it back on just waste time you need to set up angles are the opponent, sry if OP came off as an attack on your sqauddie it was not :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:49:36 PM »
Not at all, I just wanted it out there that there was no attempt to manipulate the KOTH rules. And roger on the throttle advice, we had that conversation already, not sure if I convinced him though...

<S>

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »
I'm not sure if I quite understand you to much here, but was his engine off and you turned away and then when you looked back his engine was on and looking back at you?
Look at the film or post the film so we can see.
I'm just thinking that this should be a sign- up only event, not for squad but as a person.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
If a film was to be submitted it should ONLY be submitted to the CM hosting the event.

KOTH, from it's inception way back in Air Warrior, was a walk on open event. I can see no valid reason to change that.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »
If a film was to be submitted it should ONLY be submitted to the CM hosting the event.

KOTH, from it's inception way back in Air Warrior, was a walk on open event. I can see no valid reason to change that.
I'm not saying it should be sumbmitted, I was only implying for future refrence what should NOT be done.
For this is the only valid reason I see it as a sign on event. People making a loop hole, then not being an active member of the boards to show the other side of defense. There is always three sides to an arugument: one side, the other side and the right side. That's how it goes.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine