Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26762 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #795 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Romo the homo, crying like the baby he is...

You know,  I actually like Romo but his playoff record is pathetic and a strong case can be made that he is a choker on par with the old choke-king, Randall "hot dog a-hole" Cunningham.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #796 on: January 20, 2010, 09:46:09 AM »
They say this will be a close game,,,,,, I hope so.

However Arizona did hand the vikings a horn to the rear in week 13.   

Vikings will surely be out of their zone in the middle of Dome.......  cant wait for the game to start....  :rock

That doesn't figure. The Hubie is a dome - and they love it.

While I'll admit that the Saints impressed me last week, the Vikes dismantled a better team.

Go Purple.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #797 on: January 20, 2010, 05:49:22 PM »

You know,  I actually like Romo but his playoff record is pathetic and a strong case can be made that he is a choker on par with the old choke-king, Randall "hot dog a-hole" Cunningham.

Actually he's wiping sweat out of his eyes. As far as choking... His line got their butts kicked by the Viking defense. Pick any Pro QB you want take away their protection and see what happens.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #798 on: January 20, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
I have to agree with Shifty... If you put Romo in with another NFL team capable of protecting him (without penalties), the results will be far more impressive than with the Cowboys.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:32:17 PM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
Pick any Pro QB you want take away their protection and see what happens.
As you saw with Cutler this year, Bears really need to build a better Offensive line to protect him.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #800 on: January 21, 2010, 06:43:46 AM »
DVR is on!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #801 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »

Romo is a good QB.  I would trade McNabb for him in a second.  He may be a choker, but at least he hasn't vomited instead of marching down the field to win the Superbowl (but hey, McNabb is so talented. 11 years - that's all I have to say about that.).  The Cowboys O-Line looked like a turnstile against the Vikes, so I don't know if you can call that last one a choke.  He is a Cowboy though,(I'm an Eagles fan) so screw him.  :devil

And dumping Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson?  Dark Helmet Voice: "What's with you man?"

GO JETS!

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #802 on: January 21, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »
As you saw with Cutler this year, Bears really need to build a better Offensive line to protect him.

Indeed, the offensive line and defensive secondary are probably the fundaments to a successful team. Counting the former as "most important" could be called the Madden school of thought, the latter could be lumped as the Walsh school.

As for Romo, agreed, it may not have been the case against the Vikes. However, consider the botched field goal hold vs. Seattle or his last layoff game against the Giants...

This year was notably different for the fact that he won one.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #803 on: January 21, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »
Romo is a good QB.  I would trade McNabb for him in a second.  He may be a choker, but at least he hasn't vomited instead of marching down the field to win the Superbowl (but hey, McNabb is so talented. 11 years - that's all I have to say about that.).  The Cowboys O-Line looked like a turnstile against the Vikes, so I don't know if you can call that last one a choke.  He is a Cowboy though,(I'm an Eagles fan) so screw him.  :devil

And dumping Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson?  Dark Helmet Voice: "What's with you man?"

GO JETS!

Generally agreed... McNabb is sort of oversold. I don't know if it's the AfAm thing but he gets more free passes than a gambling addict at the hotel buffet.

Who knows, maybe Romo was finally ready to get it done this year and had put the Seattle/NYG debacles behind him.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #804 on: January 21, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Generally agreed... McNabb is sort of oversold.

Nowadays I would agree.  He was pretty sick at cuse' back in the day though.   :rock  Oh how I long for the days of good Syracuse football...  :frown:

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #805 on: January 22, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
On the other hand the Vikes did the same to the Boys last week,,who beat the Saints
I mean you can go back and forth on this. In the end you have different teams playing different teams. With different matchups.

The only difference in the scheme of things was injuries.  Saints had many key players out during the dallas game.  They lost.  Barely.  Had dallas played them healthy, I have no doubt they would have lost.

With a full strength team that are healthy, this will surely be a tough game for the Viks, could be the shocker game for them as it was for the Cards.

Farve will experience pressure from the Saints for sure, which will cause him to quickly pass it or risk a sack, the question we should be asking is, is his experience good enough to get him through that without turning it over....... ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:10:21 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #806 on: January 22, 2010, 03:03:10 PM »
With a full strength team that are healthy, this will surely be a tough game for the Viks, could be the shocker game for them as it was for the Cards.
Could be a shocker game for the Saints, in any case this will be a good game
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #807 on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »
  He is a Cowboy though,(I'm an Eagles fan) so screw him.  :devil

:lol Gotta love Philly fans.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #808 on: January 22, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
Jets bandwagon still growing. :rofl
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »
Go Jets It would be nice to have the Jets beat the colts and make it to the superbowl.
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"