Author Topic: Terrain reflection dissapears on gun fire  (Read 249 times)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
Terrain reflection dissapears on gun fire
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »
Hello HTC,

Was just getting screenshots for the new skin I am completing, and as I was setting up the shot, I noticed that every time I fired my machine guns, the water reflections for the terrain dissapeared, leaving only a reflection on viewable objects (i.e. trees and such). After stopping firing, the reflections came back after about 2 or 3 seconds. Fired my guns, and it happened again. Got out of the game and back in, tried different times of day, different camera angles and facing of the aircraft, and the same thing happens each time.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about :

Not firing gun... check reflection behind aircraft :

Firing machine guns.... check reflection, especially to the right :

I know, it's nitpicky, but figured I'd made mention in case no one else was goofy enough to have noticed =P
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain reflection dissapears on gun fire
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »
I have seen the same thing even without gunfire and I think it has to do with your angle to the terrain. You can still see the trees being reflected but the terrain itself is not.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: Terrain reflection dissapears on gun fire
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:27:21 AM »
and every once in a while youll see a mountain reflected where there isnt one for miles.......... or trees reflected on the beach.......... but one of those issues that 99.9999% of the time youd never notice and the other .0001% who cares
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand