Author Topic: spamming  (Read 3880 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: spamming
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2009, 08:25:40 PM »
Dam-d if you do, Dam-d if you dont.......  :rolleyes:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
For my last clinic I refused to use the announcement feature, primarily because of the complaining it may cause.

The CMs are stuck, they need the attendance to make these events work and can only get the attendance by frequent messages. Frankly, if a message doesn't hit someone when they are in the tower they are highly unlikely to do so after they finish that flight.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2009, 10:11:47 PM »
Dale, in all honesty and fairness, I've seen many announcements at 5 minute intervals.   It does become excessive at times. 

Yes Dale, please deal with this problem as soon as possible.  It's hard to keep up with karaya's none stop broadcast in the LW arena with these CM's spamming the way they are.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:16:16 PM by Dinan »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2009, 10:17:07 PM »
lol....... ya I dont think the arena alerts come across the tv screen..... yet

Oh... if you could make this happn on History I would be grateful. I could tell the wife... well theres the call have to go defend the world from the forces of evil... AGAIN!...
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FlyinJay

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »
geez get over it.. I like the reminders :O

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 01:25:41 AM »
Yes Dale, please deal with this problem as soon as possible.  It's hard to keep up with karaya's none stop broadcast in the LW arena with these CM's spamming the way they are.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 01:34:22 AM »
Yes Dale, please deal with this problem as soon as possible.  It's hard to keep up with karaya's none stop broadcast in the LW arena with these CM's spamming the way they are.

I have two sorties this past week.    :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I should clarify that, on my part, this was not aimed at Karaya, it was just a funny point b/c we all have our time on 200.  The same could be said about me. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 07:06:29 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:49:34 AM by Skuzzy »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 09:23:18 AM »
reasonable... Should clarify, I like 68's ok, fun folks to fly against, had I the time, prolly fly in snapshot thingie...but I usually have like 90 minutes to splatter my blood in various patterns each night--when this event occurs, it's like walking down the midway at a circus, with a barker trying to get you to pay up and see the 2 headed wolf boy in the tent....for ME, quite annoying after a point. (this was from DA)
(Image removed from quote.)

That doesn't look like spamming. The text buffer is limited to a certain number of characters.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:28 AM »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2009, 06:36:13 PM »
Is it OK if we just do two, or maybe three, if they are spread out?
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Is it OK if we just do two, or maybe three, if they are spread out?
Picture that screen shot going on for 30-45 unsquelchable minutes....if ya haven't got enough guys after all that, ya never will. I appreciate the eagerness, but there are limits..I can squelch 200...I can squelch squeakers...can't squelch range, can't squelch country, nor CM's when I'm not flying in their scenario
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2009, 01:54:14 AM »
Picture that screen shot going on for 30-45 unsquelchable minutes....if ya haven't got enough guys after all that, ya never will. I appreciate the eagerness, but there are limits..I can squelch 200...I can squelch squeakers...can't squelch range, can't squelch country, nor CM's when I'm not flying in their scenario

I personally could not care less if it came out once or 45 minutes worth. I try to watch whats going on around me, not what is being said in three lines of text, but I can appreciate those of you that do try to read every bit of wisdom that is put out on text, so all I was getting at is that my my event will not be overly advertised, with twice about the limit.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.