Author Topic: Chemtrail nuts threaten violence.  (Read 3538 times)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: Chemtrail nuts threaten violence.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
Ah yes, thanks in large part to the internet we now live an age of readily available information. Unfortunately, misinformation is just as easy to get a hold of and pass off as truth or fact.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
Most and the least.  There must be a happy medium. :)

Until I find that happy medium, I'm gonna play it safe...

I will be taking orders soon.  Please state hat size and preferred accessories  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2012, 10:35:48 AM »
Until I find that happy medium, I'm gonna play it safe...

(Image removed from quote.)

I will be taking orders soon.  Please state hat size and preferred accessories  :aok

:rofl   :aok

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
I believe that there is a higher percentage of morons than ever before.
Maybe, maybe not. But all too often people who come up with this stuff are highly intelligent, articulate and personable. But completely mad, paranoid or whatever. But mainly they are superficially convincing. Which is enough for many citizens of average intelligence. Because most people in this world do not really think for themselves. They look to other people to make up their minds for them.

That's the problem right there.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »
And a lack of basic physics knowledge which causes them to rush headlong into stupid theories.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. But all too often people who come up with this stuff are highly intelligent, articulate and personable. But completely mad, paranoid or whatever. But mainly they are superficially convincing. Which is enough for many citizens of average intelligence. Because most people in this world do not really think for themselves. They look to other people to make up their minds for them.

That's the problem right there.

I want to sit down and interview these folks sometimes and ask them what it is like to live in perpetual fear.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
And you expose another assumption you have regarding the past that is no doubt fueled by your extensive research into late night TV shows.

Nope, I've met them in person.  Whenever parties and celebrations come to mind, they always express their wonder at how none of us lose any teeth.

-Penguin

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Wow, must have been an amazing population sample to justify a sweeping generalization covering multiple generations.
 :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »
If we measure the number of morons by say, literacy rates, then no, the number of morons is rapidly declining due to increased education.  Furthermore, evolutionary pressures for increased intelligence will weed out those too stupid to reproduce.  Nope, unless a bunch of universities and educational departments just got nuked, we should be approaching a moron free world.

-Penguin

Then there are the people who think they are a lot smarter then they really are...  cough  cough

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »
Wow, must have been an amazing population sample to justify a sweeping generalization covering multiple generations.
 :rolleyes:

I'd say yes.  I'd say that it's around 40, from near-slum to white collar, including both veterans and non-veterans.  There's also the fact that the culture of the US has been tending toward peace rather than violence (e.g., all the domestic violence laws, the decline of boxing and blood sports).

-Penguin

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »
Your naivete seems to know no bounds. You condemn an entire generation at least 3 times removed from yours as violent then claim that the current one is less so based on anecdotal stories you soaked up. Sorry I don't buy it. Having actually lived with folks from the 30's and a career in Law Enforcement, my empirical actual experience says otherwise. Don't let that stop you from spouting off about your vast knowledge based on less than 20 years on the globe however.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
Your naivete seems to know no bounds. You condemn an entire generation at least 3 times removed from yours as violent then claim that the current one is less so based on anecdotal stories you soaked up. Sorry I don't buy it. Having actually lived with folks from the 30's and a career in Law Enforcement, my empirical actual experience says otherwise. Don't let that stop you from spouting off about your vast knowledge based on less than 20 years on the globe however.

Weird, perhaps my sample was not large enough.  I was pretty darn sure that we were getting less violent, though.

-Penguin

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 11:21:02 AM »
I'd say yes.  I'd say that it's around 40, from near-slum to white collar, including both veterans and non-veterans.  There's also the fact that the culture of the US has been tending toward peace rather than violence (e.g., all the domestic violence laws, the decline of boxing and blood sports).

-Penguin

Really? I don't see it with the violent imagery in video games, TV and cinema and the rise in popularity of "Ultimate Fighting" sports.

I instead see a distinct coarsening of our culture.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:22:45 AM by jimson »