Author Topic: gv views  (Read 293 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
gv views
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »
something happened to my gv views yesterday.  It looks as if the page down key  was stuck, i cant use the mg, main turret gun, etc because i only see the down view.  I removed the settings folder and when i loged back in the views were back to normal, so I gess the gv views got corrupted somehow.  I dont want to have to redo all my views in planes, gv, plust adjust sounds, settings on joystick, unless i have to.  so does anybody know which file has the gv views? thanks.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: gv views
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:55:29 AM »
If you are talking about the head position files.  In the "settings" folder, the head position files have the extension ".hps".  The externsion is preceeded by the name of the plane/vehicle/boat that the file belongs to.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
deleting .hps didnt work, but i deleted my joystick file (both of them). never noticed i have two and that fixed the problem.  I guess that was the problem.  made a back up copy of it just in case.  I am pretty sure that somewhere there's a conflict between my x52 and the game.  it happens rarely and randomly  or who knows, its fixed and that's a good deal :)

semp
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:41:55 PM by guncrasher »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »
Are you running the Saitek software?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:31:53 PM »
no saitek software for me  :uhoh.  too many out of calibration problems.  now all I do is plug it in and let mr gates decide which driver is best for me.  this is actually the first problem I have in the past 2 or 3 months.  not using the cd software or any of the updated drivers works great for me.  except for this one time.  all the setting I need are done withing the game anyway  :D

semp