Author Topic: More feedback as observer  (Read 688 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
More feedback as observer
« on: October 04, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
With three stitches in my left hand limiting my flying somewhat, I spent a goo deal of AH time this weekend tagging along with squaddies observing in their planes.  I'd like to get more information, hear changes in throttle, flaps deploying and retracting, hear and see the guns firing, etc.

I think it could make joining another plane as a ride along a more potent tool for training, teaching other players.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: More feedback as observer
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »
+1, It has always been kind of lame when i join someone.
Strokes

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »
first time I done it I was screaming at my pilot because he had no fuel but thats just what I could see, he had plenty.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
This would be pretty cool :) Do the control surfaces move when you are an observer?
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »
Bombers had co-pilots right? in that case gunner/observers should be the copilot and be able to controll the plane when the pilot (ie, the person you joined) isn't flying. I think the whole gunner/observer thing needs to be worked on. Nothing registers when you join someone...
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »
IIRC, the main reason this hasn't been addressed is due to the connection issues between players that make it highly unfeasible. However, I may be wrong.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:01:22 AM »
Being able to see when the person your riding with is shooting would be huge for teaching.

And power settings, would help also.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »
That was my motivation Ghosth, I was riding along with Delirium over the weekend and I was seeing situations that certainly looked very familiar but with different results/outcomes than I'm used to seeing.  Clearly Del was doing something different than what I do in that situation but I couldn't see a gauge or hear anything to tell me what that was. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »
 I couldnt agree more with this wish.

For a long time I've thought it was of little value to ride along for the simple fact of not being able the see the various settings and not being able to see the shots.

:salute

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »
That was my motivation Ghosth, I was riding along with Delirium over the weekend and I was seeing situations that certainly looked very familiar but with different results/outcomes than I'm used to seeing.  Clearly Del was doing something different than what I do in that situation but I couldn't see a gauge or hear anything to tell me what that was. 

Oh, so that's why I kept getting beat, you both were ganging up on me from the same plane! I see how you guys are...

Seriously though, having more feedback would make it much better as a learning tool than it currently is.  Good wish Soulyss.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/