Author Topic: Prop pitch and how its modeled in AH  (Read 6896 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Prop pitch and how its modeled in AH
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
Which isn't in this game :)

Back on topic: Reducing RPM is night and day when you're gliding. The prop is a giant speed brake and will slow you down horribly when you have no power to spin it. By reducing the RPM you reduce drag by massive amounts. You can gain over 500fpm alt loss by gliding at full RPM, as compared to gliding with minimum RPM.

Try it. It's a practical application in-game that will save you more times than now. I've glided down to the end of a runway and barely made it with low RPMs soooo many times. If I had left RPMs at full I would have ditched halfway there too many times to count.

EDIT: P.S. Also leave RPM at full and chop throttle if you want to slow down in steep dives. If you want to accelerate in steep dives... well leave the throttle on! nyuck nyuck!
That caused me to read up on the matter, ....do we have the 'Early' MK1 Hurricane, or the 'Mid' Mk1 Hurricane?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Prop pitch and how its modeled in AH
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 08:57:29 PM »
Late, as far as I know. Hamilton prop, high octane, I think? I think the performance is the best for hurr1s, meaning the "most advanced" is what we have.