Author Topic: Axis frames 1, 2 & 3 CiCs and comunity  (Read 641 times)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Axis frames 1, 2 & 3 CiCs and comunity
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »
To the comunity and Frame 1 CiC we apologize for being under staffed this past frame. 1 or 2 under is bad. We were worse.

The Blind Bats had the good fortune to see a problem before the frame. Our problems hit after the sides were set, the orders were out and became worse right before the frame.

A couple had PC problems earlyer in the week and I hoped for the best. Friday afternoon 2 more emailed they would not be there. Another told me in the MA 1 hour before the frame. A couple more I have not heard from< hurts the worst. Time to do something- right? So I go and eat a bowl of ice cream to keep my insulin from crashing me during the frame and conk out in my lounge chair. Next thing I know it's 3AM.

We used to hit near the middle of our commitment level. Last month we were at the low end and started talking about recruitment. Instead of an open invitation we decided to scout. This may have slowed the process. In any event we have now decided to lower our commitment next month. But this does little to help in the present.

So I am suggesting that the Frame 2 and 3 Axis CiCs plan for us to be an 11-15 squad just in case. Not saying we will not make commitment, but that it will probably be to the low end. The lowest end for 16-21 is 14 and that way you will get a squad that is on par for the task. I know that is not how things are supposed to work, but under the circumstances...

And if the other Axis squads would please report any excess pilots it may be helpfull not just to my squad but any others that may be light. We will check the MA for trustworthy pilots 1st and let you know how that works out. Most of those that were out should be back, but not all I fear. We may be posting later for volunteers as well.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:41:10 AM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Axis frames 1, 2 & 3 CiCs and comunity
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »
So I am suggesting that the Frame 2 and 3 Axis CiCs plan for us to be an 11-15 squad just in case.
What squad RSL? Thanks for giving the CiC a heads up.

Oops.. never mind. Just read your sig. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:28:02 AM »
I wonder if the AH Con of 09 will disrupt frame 3...  :uhoh
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline 68falcon

• Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
There are 10 Lancers going to the con and we are looking forward to flying frame 3. It will be different flying the event sitting next to each other :x. Can't wait to hear the comments going back and forth in the room  :devil

I do believe the 332nd is having a large turnout also. It is going to be interesting them being Allies and us Axis :uhoh Especially after Daddog leading the Allies to  "tentatively" beating me and the Axsis in frame 1 :furious

BTW Axis you did a great job :aok. The  results show that, I think we lost 10 of the JU88's. The problem, IMHO, is there was not enough experience with the manual calibration bomb sight.  :(

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:34:38 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
If you guys had the MA calibration I am sure you would have won Falcon. <S>

Frame 3 will be tough on the Mongrels. We have about 8 or so attending the Con. :) Many are not bringing their systems. I will post asking if other squads think they will have a low turn out due to the Con.
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

I do believe the 332nd is having a large turnout also. It is going to be interesting them being Allies and us Axis :uhoh Especially after Daddog leading the Allies to  "tentatively" beating me and the Axis in frame 1 :furious

:O This can't be, I don't believe dd has won a frame as CiC since the inception of Tour of Duty (pre FSO).   :uhoh Armageddon may be closer then we think.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
LOL WxMan!
No one was more surprised than I! :D
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

:O This can't be, I don't believe dd has won a frame as CiC since the inception of Tour of Duty (pre FSO).   :uhoh Armageddon may be closer then we think.

:rofl   Really, he's never won a frame   :O.    I honestly would have never guessed that one  :confused:

Better late than never I guess   :rock

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
LOL
I suck at CiC orders JDog. My forte is designing/managing events and possibly squads. ;)
Truth be known I may have won one before, but I can't recall and I know that WxMan being a very long time FSO player is poking fun which I enjoyed as much as he.  :aok

332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
Got the poking fun part all the way   :aok