Author Topic: WSOD and studdering Fix for my system  (Read 357 times)

Offline AAIbyteu

• Zinc Member
WSOD and studdering Fix for my system
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »
Fixed my WSOD problem and also studdering peoblem. 
This may not work on all systems, but it was a cure for mine :x
I have XP Pro 64 bit system, if you have this do the following:
Right click on the AH icon on desktop.
Go to the compatability tab.
In the field labled 'Run this program in compatability mode for', check the box and select 'Windows XP'
Also I checked the box 'Allow non-administrators to run this program'.   I will not bore you with the why I checked this, but it has to do with the error being generated.
Have not had ANY problems since changing these settings even in large furballs!  Solid frame rates, no studdering and NO WSOD!!! :rock

Offline AAIbyteu

• Zinc Member
Re: WSOD and studdering Fix for my system
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »
Sorry, misspelled stuttering!! 5 hours of sleep will do that to ya! Too much AH now that the ol computer is working!!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »
Right click on the AH icon on desktop.
Go to the compatability tab.
In the field labled 'Run this program in compatability mode for', check the box and select 'Windows XP'

I do not have this as a selection in the drop down
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »
Right-click on the Aces High start up ICON, then select "Properties" from the menu, then select the "Compatibility" tab and check the option to run this application in compatibility mode.  Select the "Windows 98/Windows ME" option from the drop down list.

If you have an NVidia video card and an AMD multi-core CPU, it still may need tobe doen as it looks like the NVidia driver is being affected by the bug in the dual-core AMD CPU's.  That is just speculative at this point in time.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com