Author Topic: IS THERE A SQUAD THAT HAD MORE THAN 176 BASE CAPTURES?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
Re: IS THERE A SQUAD THAT HAD MORE THAN 176 BASE CAPTURES?
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »
Uhm.. Clam Humpers.... that IS a horde...There are squads out there that can accomplish the same task with a few guys on a defended field,  it takes you 20 guys to do, with a surprise NOE on an undefended field. for proof, look in a sector with a few Widowmakers flying around.

Sol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
The red bull roll? 

what a joke!   :lol
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »
That's about as sad as it can get

Agreed

The red bull roll? 

what a joke!   :lol

:O

I've been using Brawndo as a joke, but maybe I was really on to something.   :noid

Sad so sad.....

Second thought maybe pathetic is a better description.

Kinda scary how close this is mirroring AcesHigh.

Uhm.. Clam Humpers.... that IS a horde...There are squads out there that can accomplish the same task with a few guys on a defended field,  it takes you 20 guys to do, with a surprise NOE on an undefended field. for proof, look in a sector with a few Widowmakers flying around.

Sol

What load of C.R.A.P.P.  (Certifiably Repressed Association of P-38 Pickers)

What a load of S.P.A.M. (Sarcastic P-38 Association of Muttonheads)

According to the chattering class on this thread, taking bases is sad and pathetic, but taking screenshots of crash landings is cool?  “Oink” on country is cool?

Step back and ponder self identification and validation in the context of group dynamics.  You are cool only because a few other witless spammers go along with you.  You all need to open your minds.  You need to see that you are thread stealing thugs.  So, not cool to take bases, but cool to hijack threads?

This is a game.  Base taking is allowed in the game.  Base taking by hordes is allowed in the game.  Deal with it.

P.S. For the record, I agree that the opening minutes of 'Idiocracy' are hilarious.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »
Think someones feeling were hurt, and he needs a hug.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »
What load of C.R.A.P.P.  (Certifiably Repressed Association of P-38 Pickers)

According to the chattering class on this thread, taking bases is sad and pathetic, but taking screenshots of crash landings is cool?  “Oink” on country is cool?

Step back and ponder self identification and validation in the context of group dynamics.  You are cool only because a few other witless spammers go along with you.  You all need to open your minds.  You need to see that you are thread stealing thugs.  So, not cool to take bases, but cool to hijack threads?

This is a game.  Base taking is allowed in the game.  Base taking by hordes is allowed in the game.  Deal with it.

P.S. For the record, I agree that the opening minutes of 'Idiocracy' are hilarious.

Wow even higher on the pathetic scale.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »

Just because something is allowed in the game doesn't mean it's good game play or acceptable by the standards of the community, the game also allows people to switch countries and then help their squaddies sink cv's and capture fields. Which I think most people would say it unacceptable.  I'm not making a comment here on the validity of base taking or even hording as a method of game play but to use the fact that it's not expressly prohibited either by HTC or by game mechanics doesn't seem to be the strongest way to validate your point of view.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »
What load of C.R.A.P.P.  (Certifiably Repressed Association of P-38 Pickers)

According to the chattering class on this thread, taking bases is sad and pathetic, but taking screenshots of crash landings is cool?  “Oink” on country is cool?

Step back and ponder self identification and validation in the context of group dynamics.  You are cool only because a few other witless spammers go along with you.  You all need to open your minds.  You need to see that you are thread stealing thugs.  So, not cool to take bases, but cool to hijack threads?

This is a game.  Base taking is allowed in the game.  Base taking by hordes is allowed in the game.  Deal with it.

Here you go baby...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:02 PM »

Wow even higher on the pathetic scale.   :rofl

Having a L.I.M.P (Lightning Is My Plane) badge in your sig is not a validation, either.

Just because something is allowed in the game doesn't mean it's good game play or acceptable by the standards of the community, the game also allows people to switch countries and then help their squaddies sink cv's and capture fields. Which I think most people would say it unacceptable.  I'm not making a comment here on the validity of base taking or even hording as a method of game play but to use the fact that it's not expressly prohibited either by HTC or by game mechanics doesn't seem to be the strongest way to validate your point of view.
You have a point.   Defining 'acceptable' is subjective.  Who is this community of which you speak?  If we are talking numbers, then hordes pretty much are the community.  What we are left with is what is possible in the game.  Whining about it one way or another changes nothing.

What got my blood boiling is that a few acrimonious squeakers pass judgement on flifast's well intended post.

Claim Jumpers

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »

Here you go baby...
(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack
12416 posts and this is what you got?

Sad.

Pathetic.
Claim Jumpers

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »
If we are talking numbers, then hordes pretty much are the community.

This is the unfortunate truth and not everyone wants to just sit around and watch the game turn into this.  That is why even a well-intentioned post (which I agree that he meant no harm) should be commented on and the other side should be presented.  

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »

According to the chattering class on this thread, taking bases is sad and pathetic, but taking screenshots of crash landings is cool? 

No, posting screenshots of an arena being reset along with the number of uber sheds you've killed is.  

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
No, posting screenshots of an arena being reset along with the number of uber sheds you've killed is.  

They need to put this on the side of their plane to show off all of their uber kills...

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2009, 05:42:30 PM »
Having a L.I.M.P (Lightning Is My Plane) badge in your sig is not a validation, either.
You have a point.   Defining 'acceptable' is subjective.  Who is this community of which you speak?  If we are talking numbers, then hordes pretty much are the community.  What we are left with is what is possible in the game.  Whining about it one way or another changes nothing.

What got my blood boiling is that a few acrimonious squeakers pass judgement on flifast's well intended post.

Hmm no whine till you showed up.... very interesing.  I never see you in game.... probably because your at 25k in the middle of your protectorate.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:46:36 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
12416 posts and this is what you got?

Sad.

Pathetic.

Oh, now I see why you're so butt hurt...you're in the clam humpers. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2009, 06:09:57 PM »
Oh, now I see why you're so butt hurt...you're in the clam humpers. 

ack-ack
One thing about the SAPPs is that they are all buddies, and they never leave their buddy's behind.

Take your time with this one ...

Claim Jumpers