Author Topic: Holy Horde.  (Read 3818 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Holy Horde.
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 07:39:36 AM »
Another thread just like the rest. Let's hear it again, Shari Lewis! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »
Of course it is :aok  but the story is sooooo much better if we ignore the facts....lets also pretend that the rooks weren't "hording" another base and were involved in "fair fights" and "equal" base takes....AND lets even go so far as to suggest the Bish should be attacking the undermanned knits instead of launching a mission against the more evenly matched rooks....

heck lets pretend that a 5k ta152 turned into the horde and shot down 4-5 before getting ganged....

Nah screw it...lets just whine about it....

all cartoon countries in this game do the same thing eventually.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:34 AM »

all cartoon countries in this game do the same thing eventually.

...and we're all here to whine about it........and do it again!
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:53 AM »
Looks like the 80th. 

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 07:47:30 AM »
...and we're all here to whine about it........and do it again!
:aok :rofl

yep.

actually, i posted that, then continued on to the next page..and it seems this thread is deteriorating rather quickly....... :uhoh
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »
I still don't know what is more embarrassing - the horde or auto take-off...  :rolleyes:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 08:08:51 AM »
I still don't know what is more embarrassing - the horde or auto take-off...  :rolleyes:

yes
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:57 AM »
Well lets put the facts out on the table again shall we anklehumper?

1.  You WERE a member of BoPs

Sign that you have had/do have more members in a squad than you should....never, in my career in Aces High, have I EVER been a member of the BoPs.  Just a mere friend on the channel  :aok.  Let's try some more 'facts' shall we...

4.   You began trying to "run" missions and got minimal participation from the squad

One night deal, one mission.  Didn't have any takers on bish so I ran it on the knights side and took a bish base.

5.   You began showing up with alt to oppose BoP missions and bragging on 200 about killing us....this OFTEN occurred shortly after being on our channel/country and seeing us post aforementioned mission....

With a squad that size, it's hard to NOT run into them when I go out hunting for a red dar bar.  WTF am I supposed to do, say "let's not defend those 30+ guys headed to our v-base (yes, it was a v-base because I remember shooting the goon beside the maproom)...it may be the BoPs."  Yeah, ok.  I'll refrain from killing bish from now on...don't wanna make someone cry because I killed them in a game that requires.....killing.  And do you honestly believe I was paying attention to your mission details as I was planning my own?  

11.  You, acting like the teenager you are, have no concept of what that means and continue to show up on our channel and have been consistently told you are not welcome.

Again, like I said last night, I was on your channel after a country change.  Since I was there and it had been a few months since I have even BEEN on that channel (again more "facts" you seemed to miss), I asked if I could fly with the few that were on.  They said "no" along with the rude comments of "GTFO."  So, I did...anything else?

13.  You then tell me that IF i am a doctor for real then you are going to give me some of my own medicine...i guess this post is what you were threatening???

No, If I recall correctly you had just told me that I needed to grow up.  I then said, and I quote "A taste of your OWN medicine would prolly help a lot of things."  By saying that, something that anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension level can understand, I meant that you should "practice what you preach" and grow up yourself.  Funny, I teen having to point this out to an adult...

That is all...

#S#

Banshee7

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:37:35 AM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »
Oh sorry I thought I was on the WarBirds Forum there for a minute. Who says life is not entertaining.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:43 AM »
Oh sorry I thought I was on the WarBirds Forum there for a minute. Who says life is not entertaining.

This kind of endless debate happened then, too? Wow! Nothing ever did get resolved after all these years. :lol
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2009, 09:43:55 AM »
That first picture is another nice example of why we need zone eny.

+1
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Speaking of zooming in that far........  Is it just me or do some of those red dots look more like red specks and red dashes?   Do somebody use a crappy image editor to add a little red?     :lol

Yep, I guess he was just zoomed in farther than I usually have mine.  Threw me off.

But my only guess is, it wasn't the Knits........  :aok
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »
personally, it doesn't much matter to me. if the base i'm uping from gets swamped, then i up from the nearest base, and come back with alt......and then the picking begins  :devil

at least till i'm stupid enough to give up all my alt.....then i die rather quickly.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »
Falconwng, nice screen shot from the Bish side.  I saw that fight evolve over a few hours starting with a Rook CV near 141.  First, Rooks were vulching 141 and ignoring high Bish inbound from the north, and their CV was sunk.  Immediately afterward, there was a big bish strike into 140, which took out the vh and the fh's, but the town was never down.  Once it was clear 140 wasn't going to be captured, the Bish were showing up at 151, and all of the Rooks who had been defending 140 upped at 151 together (or so it seemed).  Sometime after that is when I think you took your screen shot. :)

Part of the reason for why there were so many of us in the area was circumstance.  The first place I went when I logged on was 99 because a squad mate was there, but when it was a few of us versus a dozen high P-51s, a couple 190s and 4 262s, I said "screw that" and landed wheels up to avoid the vulch.  So I moved to TT, but the fighter hangars were down.  Then I went to a field where some rooks were fighting Knights, but the fighter hangars were down.  I almost logged at that point, as the only fight with fighter hangars and a full enemy dar bar also had big sectors of friendly dar bar.  These fights would be more fun if it weren't for the semi-retarded behavior you see on both sides.  I can't tell you how many times someone came in to shoulder-shoot my targets last night while a 2nd bandit was lining us up, and on multiple occasions I dragged 5 or 6 Bish toward higher friendlies who came to my help.

No doubt my friend...I simply took the screenie when i logged in to illustrate my point.  I also have little doubt that the first screenie does not reflect what had occurred over the previous few hours as well...

After rereading your post I think this screenshot occured prior to the events you describe...7-8 bops were the p51s that disabled 140 to allow some breathing room and relieve pressure on 141...we didnt hit the town because we weren't trying to take it.  But all good...

So to sum up...

1. this happens to all countries by all countries
2. every country has its mission planners and multi-wing squads
3. Hordes can be fun if you have other teammates who dont mind fighting them with you
4. Some hordes simply evolve and arent planned

My favorite "horde" squad is a rook squad who has a player with 4-5 accounts who flies multiple flights of buffs over to drop a field before his squad shows up to take an undefendable field.  For me that is gamier then most...

The most fun I have in the game is defending against noe's and cv attacks...quick fights with high adrenaline and instant satisfaction...doesn't get much better then that :rock
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:54:06 AM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »
Stokes, restraint is a virtue.