Author Topic: Holy Horde.  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Holy Horde.
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »
I hear he has buffitis in his left hand....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »
I hear he has buffitis in his left hand....

Is he that much closer to being a S.A.P.P. member, then? :noid
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Is he that much closer to being a S.A.P.P. member, then? :noid

You know.... I used to think your funny but now I still do.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
:huh I'll admit that that confused me enough that I don't know whether it was a fun jab or you actually being irritated.

Meant as a zing at the B-38, not to offend. :p
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
Not offended at all...... just trying to not spit my doctor pepper on my monitor.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
Ahh, good. Seems people are taking me way too seriously these days. :D

I could go for some Dr. Pepper. All I get left are these vitamin-water health drinks. :uhoh

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »
I can only imagine who this horde consists of. Any Geusses?

(Image removed from quote.)

It takes a man to show the world he still uses auto-takeoff :lol

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
I use it just because I'm generally having too much of a verbal knife fight with batch to concentrate on something so trivial as flying. :D

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
It takes a man to show the world he still uses auto-takeoff :lol

Always and forever!
Strokes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »

Not so fast my friend...This was tonight....yes..those are 3 1/2 darbar of rooks rolling 141...but WAIT a doggone minute!!!  Is that Bish pilots rolling out of 141 and defending against gv and air assault?????  I TRIEd to stop them...I tried to tell them it wasn't fun ( i told them Fuge would roll his eyes at them)....but they insisted on defending against enormous odds!!!!!  Its too bad our dar wasn't working so you could see how many rook planes were in the air...

INstead those crazy bish fought back...killed the troops at the vbase...sent 5-6 guys to drop ord/fhs at the nearest rook airbase...and watched the rook darbar dwindle to nothing.....the Bish also took the southern vbase about an hour later...

The ONLY difference between this screenie and the one originally posted was that there were 3 times as many rooks attacking a small field (gvs dont add to the radar so there were probably more) AND GHI called it out and the bish responded by upping to meet the attack in force...BTW the rooks did drop fhs but those crazy bish kept upping anyway...

LUCKILY... Nex/StokesAK was on the rooks side and I tried to contact him via ch 200 to encourage him to post a screenshot.  For some reason (probably racking up those 152 kills at 5k) he didn't respond.... :rock

Not going to argue with you about horde any more Falc. You either don't read what I type, or have a problem understanding what I type.

I AGREE WITH YOU that it happens on all countries. I try very hard not to single out a squad or even a country when I talk about hordes. I do find it VERY funny that you defend hordes so valiantly.

Nothing good comes from a horde. They promote poor game play. Fights are gone because it is now a gang fest after the few defenders. This also promotes more HO's because you have to get your shot in before your 7 other squad mates get theirs in on the one guy they are chasing. Which also promote vulching because they can't shoot as fast as the 7 guys chasing the one defender so they go after slower less maneuverable target wattling down the runway.

As for getting a few guy together to defend against it.... ya that sounds like fun too. You said 4-5 guy went up and pork bases. Yup love killing none moving buildings...lots of fun there. I'll bet most of those guy lawn darted the targets as well because heck the target was hit, need to up and hit another to win the war. Again, doing away with fighting.

The horde avoids fighting, I look for fighting. I don't want to watch the map, find a big dar bar building , anticipate where they are going to hit, climb to a bizzlion feet in a Temp or Ta152, find said horde make a few passes killing 0-8 of the horde (less than 10% of the resources of a group that has 400% the resources it needs to take the SINGLE base they are hitting) to either RTB of die in the attempt. No fight what so ever in that senario. If I thought climbing for half an hour or making BnZ to fire on sitting ducks fun I'd be flying that stupid Microsoft flight sim crap!

HTC has said he believes that hordes are bad for the game. Someday it will again come to a head (last time we got split arenas) and he will make a change again. Running huge mission doesn't mean you have to run in a horde. Its up to those who like to run big missions to set them up so they don't become hordes. You "commanders" have a chance to fix it, or we can wait and HTC WILL fix it.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »
Steve has it right.....that is a ton of targets!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2009, 09:35:01 PM »
How would zone eny work?
Not sure, but it seems that if there are 15 + guys coming in to kill a field you wouldn't want the bases eny to go up.
How would you launch missions? If there are 10 friendlies in the sector that I want to fly from why should their presence effect my plane choice..

Just some questions we should answer.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »
Ahh, good. Seems people are taking me way too seriously these days. :D

I could go for some Dr. Pepper. All I get left are these vitamin-water health drinks. :uhoh

I had a teacher in high school named Dr. Pepper.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
That's...surprisingly awesome.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2009, 09:45:55 PM »
That's...surprisingly awesome.

Yeah, I thought so too, that's why I posted it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song