Author Topic: Missing bombers  (Read 369 times)

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
Missing bombers
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:57:01 AM »
Hi, I searched high and low for an answer to this question but couldn't find anything. When I return from a B-17 bombing run, my 2 bombers that go with me are missing, and I'm way sure they didn't get hit by anyone. I was at FL 220 and I am certain the other two didn't get picked off. Any idea why this happens?

Thanks!
Long live AH2

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Missing bombers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »
You lost them while turning.
If you turn too hard, your drones can't keep up with you. And if they get past a certain distance, they will explode.
I recommend turning with rudder from a gunners position for smooth turns, also you may use external views to keep an eye on your drones while doing it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
I have also noticed that chopping throttle in the turn, along with doing what Lusche said, will help you turn tighter when in formation without losing your drones.

***G3-MF***

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »
Wow, it was nice to see such a quick reply to my post, I appreciate that. I guess I'll be careful on the turns next time. If either one of you guys could reply back a link to where that information can be found, I would love to read more about it.

Thanks!
IrishBug

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
Most things you want to know can be found on the Aces High Trainer Corps Website
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline IrishBug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
Danke, Lusche!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
Also, if you turn hard before they form up with you they will be lost. You have to gain a certain amount of altitude for them to form up after takeoff, that altitude is someplace in the 200' agl range.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54