Author Topic: New price is great but.....  (Read 3859 times)

Offline tanij

• Zinc Member
New price is great but.....
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2001, 08:24:00 PM »
Two ideas.

1. Mission planer can use his perk points for
the mission participants.

2. Enable to give perk points to the squad
members.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
To keep the present incentives and limitations while encouraging newbies and not-so-successfuls, how about retaining the present perk system AND giving EVERYONE one free use of each perk plane per tour until that plane is shot down or destroyed?  

Or maybe one each free perk plane per week?  Either option should preserve the present balancing while allowing every loyal member no matter what skill level to experience all the aircraft on line at least on a limited basis.  

It probably won't take much time at all until the free perks are used up.  Meanwhile,the overall balance remains reasonable and we all get more practice flying and defending against the ubers of the uber.  

As many have said, under the present restrictions we rarely see ubers.  And they make SUCH great targets when they appear.  

As skill levels increase, people get more satisfaction not only in fighting with, but sometimes just surviving in, lesser machines.  What is more satisfying than killing an uber with, say, a 202?  

If it's too much a scoring hassle that would divert attention from developing 1.08 and other improvements, forget it.  But if reasonably doable, might be worth consideration as a good compromise to satisfy most people and further enhance this most fabulous game.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2001, 11:33:00 PM »
:confused: I wonder if HTC had a perk MA and a Perk free MA; which one would get more flyers?  Hmm...  :confused:

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
cant we give NEW registered users 300 or more perks to use as a subscription bonus?

or alternatively lets just let poor old Laz fly perks as much as he wants because he obviously has some sort of problem with actualy earning his chance to fly the uber rides  :D

then if he ever shoots me down i can just cover my scupcakes with my hand.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
"Cant we give NEW registered users 300 or more perks to use as a subscription bonus?"

That and the idea of start everyone off with 100 points at the start of a new tour won't solve a thing nor quiet the whine. The whiners, about perks keeping them from flying the perk planes, will still have a problem with those methods when they run out of those freeby points.

And to answer Magic's question. Perk free arena? Good cod it would be filled with nothing but Tempests and Arados.

Westy

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
Tac, you earned many of your perks during the perk "bug" era, when fighters could get perks for killing AA fer Chrissakes!@!  thats the issue I have.  The new players don't have that opportunity.  I remember flyin Ju88's and earning 40+ perks a trip, CHogs and P47's earning similar perks for Jabo runs all scored as FIGHTER perks.

Thats the issue I have with current perk scores.

SKurj

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
Why worry about perks when there is the End-All-Death-Dealing-Beast-Master-190D9 Dora?

There is no sweeter looking, sweeter flying plane in the set. Not to mention, the "cry my eyes dry"crowd say nill about the beast.

Fly the Dora, fly AH, be happy.

Yeah baby...

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2001, 10:20:00 AM »
Wow...  pongo, hazed and glasses all calling me an idiot!   I think most people would take a uniform condemnation from that trio of morons as a compliment.... I know I do.   gotta be on the right track.  They are Sorta like a german version of the three stooges... just as dumb but.... not funny.

I have 2000 or so idiotic perk points wanna buy em?  they accumulate quite rapidly if you fly a DHog.  

skurj... I think you may have missed my point.   If you see any perk plane in the arena it is an unfair matchup the way things are.   The fact that you never see em does not change the inherent unfairness.   Having said that.... I agree that they are very rare and that is the ONLY thing that makes em tolerable in an otherwise fair arena.... Kinda dumb eh?   So....

Why not just dump the perk points and allow everyone a chance to fly the uber rides say 2 days at the end of the tour?   It would be fair (choice wise) and we would certainly get to use the planes more than they are being used now.   with no stigma or without flying a plane with a big target painted on it.   right now, they are singled out as targets and cannot even fly aginst other uber rides either.   Perk system has made em useless.
lazs

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
One good sortie in a 109 F4 gets you around 8-10 points if you land it.

It might take me a DAY OR TWO to collect enough perkies to fly a TA152 if I'd wanted to (am not fond of it, personally). Started with my old account again (hence 0 Perkies) and in less than 2 weeks (playing maybe 3/4 hours/day during weekends and 2/3 hours /day during week days(mised some too) I got some 200+ perkies).

This will allow me to fly 2/3 perkies (& loose them) a week, good ratio IMO.

You seen me flying and know that I'm no Hotshot  ;)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
oh... and giving everyone 100-300 perk points to start out would have exactly the same effect as getting rid of perk points entirely and just allowing all planes enabled for the first day or two except that after the 2nd day or so we would be back to seeing 1 or 2 perk planes up a tour.
lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
1.08, my choice is the one banking into a furball...

The other is heading off to never-never-P51 land of the FLTSIM2000 crowd...

edit- Wow... pongo, hazed and glasses all calling me an idiot! Wow, you MUST be right.

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Tac, you earned many of your perks during the perk "bug" era, when fighters could get perks for killing AA fer Chrissakes!@! thats the issue I have. The new players don't have that opportunity. I remember flyin Ju88's and earning 40+ perks a trip, CHogs and P47's earning similar perks for Jabo runs all scored as FIGHTER perks.
Thats the issue I have with current perk scores.

SKurj

I didn't though, and I feel the same way about it as Tac does.  I have about 950 fighter perks and 700 bomber perks or so, and I've only been playing since April.  I was briefly above 1000 fighter perks at the beginning of the month, flew the Ta-152 until I got down to 700 fighter perks- then I earned them BACK.  

I totally agree with Swulfe here- I've been earning between 5 and 10 perks just about every single sortie I've flown.  You guys want to earn perkies and still fly a "good plane"- try the 109G2 or the 190A5 on for size- both of them are undervalued in my opinion.  I actually think the 190A5 and the 190A8 need to have their perk values switched.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2001, 12:56:00 PM »
I can already smell the smoke from the hundreds of perk points being burned when 1.08 comes out. It will be neat to see all those jets for couple days. "Jets High"

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
sunking... Sac?  everyone knows people from northern ca are not too bright (it's the sun).
lazs

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
1. Find your base being vultched the hardest.

2. Pick out a nice 109-F4 and slap a pair of gondolas on it.

3. Take off with 25% Fuel, headon the first 2 F4Us you see, maybe taking a n1k2 with you.

4. Process your 10 points earned in about 10 seconds and repeat.