Author Topic: 10/18/09 AVA Sunday Night  (Read 897 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
10/18/09 AVA Sunday Night
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:04:51 AM »
Last night the Axis, in a very secret manner, and with precision and planning, successfully attacked and brought down their objective. The Axis objective was to bring down the fuel factory to 20% or less. they got it down to 11%.

the allies floundered and did not complete their objective. actually it would've been almost impossible for them to take the objective, some of the planes that were listed for allies were "NOT" available, so they were disadvantaged. It's too bad, there were alot of people in there last night.

anyway all kidding aside, thanks to everyone that participated last night, it was fun and the fights were awesome. TC and i had some great 1 V 1's, but as everyone knows, Jeager kills don't count!  :D

Thanks to all the others that showed up and played, it looked like the southern part of the map was the hotspot, with lots of red and furballs going.

<S> to everyone that participated and we'll see you at the next event!

<edit> before i forget, as a reward, all the axis guys get a free autographed sheep!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:20:45 AM by captain1ma »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: 10/18/09 AVA Sunday Night
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »
I enjoyed the evening in the AvsA, Jaeger.......

I tried to tell the Allied side what I was hitting  A84?, but noticed their were only maybe 3 of us.......4 at the most that were even trying to do anything.....

I was solo to 84 in an IL2 and saw only 2 friendlies trying to defend the fuel depot ....my guess is it was prob JG54 members on the allied side up there trying to balance the sides out.......

when I saw none on the allied side responding. I went down to get in the fight in the South....... N7 was there and some others.......

for the most part the fights were fun... but I had asked for some allied flyer's to stay off of the axis base so the axis could get p and fight, instead of being picked right after takeoff or vulched.......

N7 logged once 3 or 4 rolled in on him ............and I did the same shortly after

it is all great when people fly respectively, I even don't mind being in a fight with 2 or 3. But I hate it when your fighting a good fight regardless if it is 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, or 3 vs 1...but then here comes a disrespecting player who picks off your opponent or if on the other side comes in and picks of you , from the other 1/2 or 3 that were engaged with you.....

I along with some others always try to call "in" on which ever plane you are about to engage, yet 3 others come baring down on your opponent you just called "in" On........and fly right in front of you! most times after you have worked the opponent into a position to where he is out of options and has no way of avoiding a 2nd or 3rd or 4th picker joining in the fight to ruin the fun for the original 2to 4 participants......

then here comes the faux S's and the 200ch jibberish or country channel WTG's...of how "AWESOME" that person thinks he is....when truth be told he couldn't find his way out of a paper bag even though they were pointed in the direction of the open end of it.........

all in all, the AvsA is a great place, and most try to keep it civil, and appreciate the fact that as you, others are there to have fun and enjoy the game....... may we all encourage, coach, teach and show the less fortunate uneducated individuals of proper etiquette and gameplay........

last note: it has been said that only about 5% or so of the AH players even read the forums, so any coaching, teaching, encourageing has to basically be done in the Arena.at the time this bad game play happens...and I suggest that everyone team up and inform the individuals of what they did and why they should not do it...... in a polite way at first, at least.....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »
I enjoyed the evening in the AvsA, Jaeger.......

I tried to tell the Allied side what I was hitting  A84?, but noticed their were only maybe 3 of us.......4 at the most that were even trying to do anything.....

I was solo to 84 in an IL2 and saw only 2 friendlies trying to defend the fuel depot ....my guess is it was prob JG54 members on the allied side up there trying to balance the sides out.......

when I saw none on the allied side responding. I went down to get in the fight in the South....... N7 was there and some others.......

for the most part the fights were fun... but I had asked for some allied flyer's to stay off of the axis base so the axis could get p and fight, instead of being picked right after takeoff or vulched.......

N7 logged once 3 or 4 rolled in on him ............and I did the same shortly after

it is all great when people fly respectively, I even don't mind being in a fight with 2 or 3. But I hate it when your fighting a good fight regardless if it is 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, or 3 vs 1...but then here comes a disrespecting player who picks off your opponent or if on the other side comes in and picks of you , from the other 1/2 or 3 that were engaged with you.....

I along with some others always try to call "in" on which ever plane you are about to engage, yet 3 others come baring down on your opponent you just called "in" On........and fly right in front of you! most times after you have worked the opponent into a position to where he is out of options and has no way of avoiding a 2nd or 3rd or 4th picker joining in the fight to ruin the fun for the original 2to 4 participants......

then here comes the faux S's and the 200ch jibberish or country channel WTG's...of how "AWESOME" that person thinks he is....when truth be told he couldn't find his way out of a paper bag even though they were pointed in the direction of the open end of it.........

all in all, the AvsA is a great place, and most try to keep it civil, and appreciate the fact that as you, others are there to have fun and enjoy the game....... may we all encourage, coach, teach and show the less fortunate uneducated individuals of proper etiquette and gameplay........

last note: it has been said that only about 5% or so of the AH players even read the forums, so any coaching, teaching, encourageing has to basically be done in the Arena.at the time this bad game play happens...and I suggest that everyone team up and inform the individuals of what they did and why they should not do it...... in a polite way at first, at least.....

While I agree ganging should not be tolerated. I find the majority of this thread smacks of elitism. Good game play should be encouraged, complaining because people don't fly the way you like or fought in the area of the map you wanted them to fight is just unwarranted. How about encouraging people to fly and enjoy the historic matchups. Mission nights are great, but requiring everyone to fly in a certain area or do a certain thing isn't going to work. Those that are striving to keep balance and good game play should certainly be applauded. However if you're going to start the my way is superior to yours stuff, people won't hang around. The best bet is for every individual to worry about their own flying and not how others are flying. YMMV
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:48:01 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »
While I agree ganging should not be tolerated. I find the majority of this thread smacks of elitism. Good game play should be encouraged, complaining because people don't fly the way you like or fought in the area of the map you wanted them to fight is just unwarranted. How about encouraging people to fly and enjoy the historic matchups. Mission nights are great, but requiring everyone to fly in a certain area or do a certain thing isn't going to work. Those that are striving to keep balance and good game play should certainly be applauded. However if you're going to start the my way is superior to yours stuff, people won't hang around. The best bet is for every individual to worry about their own flying and not how others are flying. YMMV

Shifty, yes it probally does have the looks of elitism to you..... however that was not my intentions....... I myself asked (typed) in my reply for the longer time players to teach / show the newer players the ways of Good Etiquette, Good Gamemanship/gameplay..... I also typed in my reply that you might have better results ingame verses using these boards....

I responded with a reply to Jaeger..... I told him how this player made? AvsA event played out from my view.....

I gave my view of what I saw happening to the Axis side in the south. I even went as far as to ask the Allied players to not pounce the Axis as they were trying to up from their field......

If we are going to try and get more people into coming to the AvsA arena more often, then I think we all should advise/encourage players of what is good &/or bad etiquette and gameplay.... we have seen it all for over 9 years here........ we have seen all the different complaints of why people do not want to come and participate

forgive me for throwing in my own personal view of what I hate about that 4th or 5th guy ruining someone elses already engaged 1 minute to 2 minute or even longer fight ( regardless if they are friendly or foe ) might make me look like an elitist pig....but again from my view, if they stayed high and covered then they could intercept the other enemys coming.......... did this happen in the AvsA to me that night? NO!  this is simply my personal view......

did I tell others how they should play? NO!  I asked politely for them to let the other side up......
if I had not? the result would have been people logging off..... ( NOTE: 2 people did log off before I logged...... )  

did I tell them to come play in the battle, Jaeger or whoever had try to set up? NO!..... I simply typed on country channel what I was doing in my effort to help the allied side.....

am I wrong for making a suggestion? from the looks of it , guess I am
If noone tells the new players, then the new players develope their own acceptables. this goes on long enough without intervention, and your beloved game will never be the same....... then you will leave because you are fed up and know that it will never be like it was! because these new players don't care about history, they don't care about WWII planes, they don't care about being a good sportsman, they only care about TOP SCORES, NAMES IN LIGHTS, and BS like that........ someone has got to make a stand!  are you up for the challenge?

is noone on these boards allowed to voice their own opinion? apparently not

if  I cannot make suggestions, if I cannot post what I like and dislike without being called an elitist minded individual......... why should I even bother to try?  All I ever done was try to help others have fun and help them get more out of these games for over 14 or 15 years........ but now I am an elitist

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:31:55 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 06:22:20 AM »
All I ever done was try to help others have fun and help them get more out of these games for over 14 or 15 years........ but now I am an elitist

Read your whole post over again and you tell me. Are you really helping?  

may we all encourage, coach, teach and show the less fortunate uneducated individuals of proper etiquette and gameplay

Are you proud of that line?

Do you really feel that superior to others? Maybe it's the large amount of I and Me in your post but I have to ask. Who are you trying to help? Yourself?? Both post are focused on you and your mad skilz. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you TC. This is a game, it was made for peoples enjoyment. Let them enjoy it. I don't know how many post I've read where people brag about their piloting skills and how some other guy's way is wrong or lame or he has no skill. IT"S A GAME GET OVER IT. If you're super good in here who gives a flying f**k other than a couple of other geeks who play the same game. Everybody in the outside world thinks you're a nerd, hell they know you're a nerd. Nobody is being a real pilot here. Even real pilots that play AH are playing a game when they they log on. We've had a whole arena next to empty for years because this side thought that side should do this and that side thought this side should see and do things their way. I've been flying these sims since 1994 myself when I joined Air Warrior DOS... Whoopie do! Who cares, it means nothing. There's 12 year olds that started in July 2009 that fly rings around me. It still amazes me to this day how some people bring their manhood and ego into manipulating pixels.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:25:43 AM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:27:23 AM »
Hey, how about this?  Before we get into our age-old code of conduct discussion again, let's focus on getting some people back in the arena.  Then we can tell whether we're devolving into a Furball Lake or not.  Right now we have Not Enough Data Points.

- oldman (absent due to baseball these past couple of weeks)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:27 AM »
Shifty,

you are claiming that I have posted that I think I am superior to others? that I have paraded around posting I's and me's....you have selectively picked out parts of my post to fit what you want to respond to, yet I can not find that anywhere in my postings in this thread, please for give me

the last line I wrote was out of dispair..... I was being sarcastic about that being branded as an elitist by someone....... if someone takes something you typed or said and twist it to look a different way, then it is only natural for one to defend themselves and correct the twisting to try and show everyone reading exactly what you was trying to say........

now you ask if I am proud of a quoted line of mine:
may we all encourage, coach, teach and show the less fortunate uneducated individuals of proper etiquette and gameplay
I typed it..I do not see any issue with it ...but think for a second  "less fortunate uneducated individuals" = newer players, who are new to the game or Arena or what ever, it is not a put down....might be a bad choice of words if anything.........some point or another all of us who play these games were classified as "less fortunate uneducated individuals" or noobs or cannon fodder ......( the list goes on ). (I am not an English Teacher, and English was the subject I hated the most in school.....so I guess sometimes what I type comes off in a completely different way )

Both post are focused on you and your mad skilz.
please show me where any of this quote of yours toward me is true or typed in my 2 posts to this topic........... I had originally typed and answered quoted untruths of Shifty's post in regards to him quoting my 1st post to this thread ( I took them out thinking other wise, )......... yes, I took his reply to me personally

I too, do not want no fight picking or broken internet friendships , comradery, good times lost or what have you either, Shifty....... but you have accused me of or posted that I have said, typed, bragged, claimed etc.....:
- that I think I am superior to others or I have mad skilz
- that  have told others their way is wrong, my way is right
- that I am an elitist
- that I am telling people how to play in the AvsA or where to play at ( think LIL GENERAL attitude )

I would be grateful if you could show me where I have done any of what I am being accused of in this thread........

and while we are at it ( I am asking everyone who reads this )
please go Read the Etiquette writeup done by the AWTA back in the early 90's ( Brooke here on AH can get you a copy of the AWTA manual from Air Warrior )  or go read the Etiquette writeup by Hammer on the Trainers website.

my apologies for making all my post look like it's about ME or I.......I thought I had posted quiet a few "We's" in there but must of not have, my bad....

even in Jaeger's opening post he says
anyway all kidding aside
I found it humorous, his group has tried to help make game play better in the AvsA, JG11 has done the same, the 801 and many others..........

I am willing to take this to email or PM's..really rather not draw any more drama to this forum......... for goodness sake, I even sent PM's of what I thought might help the revitalization of the AvsA in the early stage, anyways.......

if I did not want others to enjoy the game, or enjoy the game more, or try and answer questions asked, or help individuals who have asked me if I could possibly help them, then I would have never followed what I was taught when I first started playing these "nerd" games.......and that was give back to the community........ and about the only flaunting you will ever find of me anywhere on these boards or in this game is the last line in my signature.........and where I had a discussion that everyone can beat everyone on a given day I always felt I was right about average myself, or just lucky at times.........

Thank You for both of ya'lls feelings for the AvsA..........

geez, I had no idea my original reply to Jaeger would get this far out of hand or off track.........

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:55:50 AM by TequilaChaser »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Hey, how about this?  Before we get into our age-old code of conduct discussion again, let's focus on getting some people back in the arena.  Then we can tell whether we're devolving into a Furball Lake or not.  Right now we have Not Enough Data Points.

- oldman (absent due to baseball these past couple of weeks)

You're right OM. TC I offer my apologies.
<S>