Author Topic: problem with new offline missions  (Read 950 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
problem with new offline missions
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »
Ever since the new update I have not been able to download and play any of the new offline missions or terrains. this is what I've been doing. (download the terrain and place it in ahiiterr folder. download mission and place it in offmiss folder). I've been trying the hollandia mission by peabody with no success.

The problem I'm getting is that when i go to choose the terrain at the start-up menu, I'm unable to see the new terrain that i just downloaded. when i go to offline and view all of my practice missions for every terrain there is nothing there. Whats wrong?
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: problem with new offline missions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
Missions now run off a .res file instead of a .mis file.  It goes in your missres folder.  Open an old mission up in the editor and hit File->Build Res Library.  Should be good to go then.  It installs where it should.  If you download a new mission already in .res form, manually put it in your missres folder.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »
alright i gave that a try, but i cant say if that worked since I've been gettin a "white screen of death" everytime i click on the practice missions. This never happened before I changed those missions to a .res file and placed them in the missress folder.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline hoopwafa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:37:46 PM »
if you get that screen you can't use offline missions anymore until you un install and re-download it. it happened to me like 7 times.
dont "build res library" on that mission. it will happen again. but 1 good thing, if you uninstall from "install and uninstall programs" on your computer, the download can be instintly. when you re download it "build res library" for a mission that worked and it should work.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »
Or, it could be you have one of the missions created under an older version of the ME whose mission name is too long and causes a WSOD error in the new version.

If the mission name is longer than 18 bytes, it blows.