Author Topic: It takes 2 to HO....  (Read 8157 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: It takes 2 to HO....
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 12:58:10 PM »
yak now?    :D

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww w
 :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Yawn. :rolleyes:
I figured I'd get a  :rolleyes: out of the "Mr nice" comment lol

wtg larry  :rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
If you Ho you cheat yourself out of the fun of the game itself and the instrument you could have used to improve.
Disagree...nothing fun about getting chased down and outmaneuvered by a N1K while flying a 109-F4...take whatever chance you get, win or lose.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 01:04:28 PM »
eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
 :bolt:

What. The yakT is great for Hos.
325th Checkertails

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »
I figured I'd get a  :rolleyes: out of the "Mr nice" comment lol

wtg larry  :rolleyes:

The troll is weak with this one. :rolleyes:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:30 PM »
You want to learn to fight.... you have to fight. The fight is the game... win or lose. If you only want to HO you could have just stayed with the 80's type games where they come straight down your screen.

If you Ho you cheat yourself out of the fun of the game itself and the instrument you could have used to improve.

Why not try the challenge in something besides a P38?  You never know, you might learn something new  :salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »
Why not try the challenge in something besides a P38?  You never know, you might learn something new  :salute

:rofl   :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
What. The yakT is great for Hos.
Yeah it is.  Most recently I had a P51B approach my Yak9T from 11 o clock low moving under me to my 5 o clock high aft.  Our atltitude was probably 11k and there were multiple red cons farther out ahead with better alt headed my way.  I did NOT want this guy in my aft sphere and I knew he was going to present a fleeting head shot...a momentary opportunity so I preprared for it.  The guy actually started to saddle up and point more in my direction but I could tell he was going to pass underneath me by about 200 yards.  At the right instant I gave it a bit of pressure nose down on the stick and fired off maybe two bursts of 37mm.  He exploded nicely.  As he left the arena I recieved the obligitory "what a Hotard" on private.

I landed that as a four kill sortie there with 8 cannon rounds still in the mag.  The other three kills were against cons saddled up on friendly bombers.  Im sure there is a derogatory name for those shots as well........fixation picker? dead 6 tard?

Oh well...whatever, I enjoyed the sortie very very much.  Its why I pay my money.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

TO ME, the p38 is still more of a challenge than  most single engine aircraft.

i do admire the 109 drivers, as like i said in other threads, i can't see to shoot out of them.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »

Totally different argument.  Shuff's point is simple.  No one really dies, planes are free.  Why not fight.  You might get better at it.  Taking the easy way out is pointless as you learn nothing, and challenge yourself not at all.

The second this game goes to one life and done, then I'll understand the HO shot, as there will be a risk then.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
Taking the easy way out is pointless as you learn nothing, and challenge yourself not at all.
There's some sig material right there, I didn't think you had it in ya Cork  :D

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
The Yak-9T turns better then a lot of people realize. If you get something like a P-51, a Typhie, a P-38...ect into a turn fight you'll probably win. Tho a good 38 stick will take you up and give you trouble that way. But I would say the 9T will out turn a majority of AH fighters.

And while not fast it is, let say, Niki-fast. Or Hellcat fast. So its not as slow as some would think either.

When in a fighter plane Im avoiding every HO I can now. I'd rather hone actual fight tactics then be one of these nit-wits who buzz in at 400 mph, take one typhie pass at the runway "or run-90", then HO everything they can before dieing. Then upp and do it again 40 times a day.

Getting a kill or two in a Yak and landing them means your doing something right.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
TO ME, the p38 is still more of a challenge than  most single engine aircraft.

i do admire the 109 drivers, as like i said in other threads, i can't see to shoot out of them.........

The only reason Yeager is asking Shuff to try something other than a P-38 is that Yeager isn't very good against a P-38 and wants some sort of handicap placed on Shuff.  Basically, it's the old "I can't beat your plane, so I won't fight against you" mentality and Yeager is also an extremely timid pilot on top of it all.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline xxIENAxx

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
no it doesnt............
+1
I know i know it was a WWII tactic, most of the ACES of WWII used it. And i even took the shot, while in a big furball, while protecting  the goon from 1 upper or to save(break the cap) my(at) field. That said..... I HATE HO  :)
I hate the person that time after time HO me. I hate them, when in a 4vs1, all they can do is HO, extend, reverse and HO.
I know, they have payed so they have all the rights to play has they want and the right to let me know that on 200/private. I have payed too, so i have all the rights to let them know what i think about their gameplay on 200.  :)
Call it a whine if u wish, honestly i don't care  :D
How do u close....oh yeah.....my 2 cents ( i think..)

IENA
367th "Dynamite Gang"
In game name IENA since Tour 59

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
The only reason Yeager is asking Shuff to try something other than a P-38 is that Yeager isn't very good against a P-38 and wants some sort of handicap placed on Shuff.  Basically, it's the old "I can't beat your plane, so I won't fight against you" mentality and Yeager is also an extremely timid pilot on top of it all.

ack-ack

well, i have no room to talk about timid. i was getting out of the timid habit, but feel i've been falling back into it again.........trying to force myself out of it again.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"