Author Topic: WW1 arena  (Read 8340 times)

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
Re: WW1 arena
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Im worried if we will have any specail small maps to accomidate how slow the WWI plane will be.

Also will there be more then 1 WWI plane when it opens?

Looks like there will be 4 planes on a map with Airfields 5 miles apart

We are pleased to announce an upcoming expansion to the Aces High plane set that will introduce World War I (WWI) air combat to the skies of Aces High. The initial four plane set will consist of the Fokker Dr.I, Sopwith Camel, Bristol F.2B, and Fokker D.VII.
These new planes will be available in a separate WWI dogfight arena and will also be available for special events. They will be the first planes to use a new damage system with greatly expanded capability.

Release of the WWI planes is expected before the end of the year although it will not be in the next version release.

Here are some screenshots of the Fokker Dr.I. Check back here for more screenshots of the other new planes in the coming weeks.

First, remember, HTC doesn't care WHERE you fly. Early war, mid war, late war, AvA, DA, TA or WWI arena. As long as your having a good time, and keeping your acct active they are happy.
Simply stated more options means more happy customers, as your drawing from a bigger base.
Adding WWI is just one more string for the bow, one more different thing that you can do.

If you were paying attention the last couple patch's there have been HUGE changes in foundation stuff. Changes that may not effect us for a bit, but that set the stage for everything that follows.

They will start testing those with the WWI planes first, as they have a nice small set, 4 birds, and they can dial in all the bells and whistles.

Once that is all set then the really big job is of upgrading all the WWII planes to the new damage model with 4x as many damage points. That one will take time. But its much easier to do most of your testing in a small arena, with  limited #'s of people, and only 4 planes. Then take what you learn from there and start putting it to work on the WWII planes.

The idea was also raised to have a once an "anything goes" arena where there would be no perked planes, or field capture, and all the evil con missions from the past could be flown and enjoyed.

Who wins, the Shark with laser beam or the super fokker?  :)

I don't know about you, but to me these are great and exciting times to be flying here in AH. Lots of new stuff constantly in the pipeline.

Attaboy HTC! Rock on!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:25:29 PM by dunnrite »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
Hands up who's going to skin Manfred von Richthofen's "Red Barron" colour scheme". :bolt:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:26:53 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »
I read, Camel, Fokker Trip, Fokker D7, and Bristol F2B will be initial planeset...
D7 is gonna rule, without Spad XIII or SE5a to keep it honest...

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
I say  :aok  :aok

And I think alot of people are going to be surprised.
I remember back in AW I popped in there a few times thinking. "Hell, if I can do WWII arplanes WWI should be a breeze."
uh huh
I promptly had my arse handed to be every which way imaginable. WWII planes dont flyor handle quite the same as WWI planes.

Something new to learn and do.
Curious if they are going to allow voice coms. Technically and historically Vox shouldnt be permitted. But realistically I dont see how they will be able to avoid it. So might as well include it.

should be fun anyway
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
I read, Camel, Fokker Trip, Fokker D7, and Bristol F2B will be initial planeset...
D7 is gonna rule, without Spad XIII or SE5a to keep it honest...

RC
The Bristol F.2b might be able to hang with it surprisingly well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »
This looks really interesting, of course my question would be is HTC going to add WWI bombers as well?  :pray :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »
I'm liking it! :aok
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
I much rather see the ww1 area with 4 new planes , than 4 fill in the set ww2 planes.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »
I'm amazed at how much effort HTC has put into game development this year.

I think a WWI arena would be a nice change of pace, I'll be sure to give it a go.

I wonder if HTC will be adding a modern day arena? F-14’s, F-15's, F-18’s, Su-27’s, Mig-29’s etc. That would make my day. :cheers:

How cool would be to log on and have a choice between WWI, WWII or modern day?

Apples and Oranges man, and you are talking two completely different market segments.

My initial reaction: Meh. I found Dawn of Aces interminably boring.

However, just as Doug and Dale learned from Warbirds when making Aces High, perhaps there are new lessons learned that will make the WWI area fun. I certainly hope so.

-Llama

He wouldn't still be in business if he didn't learn from his lessons.

I am going to guess that it will be a Furball Arena, with some very kewl clouds and terrrain, but no bigger than one square or two in the MA. It will have 2 or 4 bases, so as to allow aircraft to get up without getting terribly vulched.

I am also going to say that those who don't like it, will still have plenty MA left to play, and it will not only gain new faithful ranging from once a week players, to people who pop in every night, but it will also bring a brand new market share to the HTC product line.

Now I know there are some people getting their panties all in a wad because they don't have their 13th favorite variant of the P38, or a B29, or even a KI43... but I would venture a guess that he is simply using old code from DOA for the flight models, and simply cut and pasting it over the current graphics and game engine of AHII.

I personally, am looking forward to the Rudder Pedal madness that is WWI combat, and you want to talk about constant adrenaline...

It will be more akin to Chess Playing than Checkers (Checkers being the MA Furballs), and don't worry about Radio's, your not going to have time for radios, you just better lean your head out the cockpit and check your wingmans 6 and keep it clear.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Don't listen to the haters HT, they are just a bunch of trolls, BRING ON THE GREAT WAR!

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »
Can't wait for our skinners to get ahold of the colorful german rides.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
The only reason why the DVII was the superlative WW1 fighter was because of its performance above 12,000 ft.  In other words, it's going to be Camel meat in the arena, as will all of the other aircraft unless the F1 gets proper torque.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »
Right off the bat, i have picked the plane i will fly the most...THE CAMMEL!
Strokes

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »
 I'm so looking forward to this , love WW1 stuff its where it all began guys and why not its a great change of pace .
               Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
This WWI version will set a New Patch Record...Any one want to bet on How Many it will take after first intro?  Im going for 15..

KAM