Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator CUT!  (Read 946 times)

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator CUT!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »
it probably could spikes...

there is a quirk in FSX that for some reason even with a dual core, it will only run with 1. to fix it you have to manually go in and fix the main FSX.cfg. there was a whole page on one site that had everything you needed to know on how to get the performance up without buying new stuff. i really wish i could find it again, because i really want to fix it.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
Flight17 I believe the fix was in SP2 or Acceleration and that should be all you need. Check the post by NickN on tuning (not that I listen to everything on that topic) as I believe he says so. As I recall SP2/Acceleration can feasibly use up to 32 cores but it may not have been quite that much (and not that that many cores will ever actually exist).

I have no idea what jay was trying to say but whatever it was failed to hit the mark.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
SP2 was the worst thing i ever did for my game... it crippled me... had to uninstall the whole game a couple of times because of it.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
Yes well some of the associated files are required for the winch program I use with sailplanes (I practice broken cables a lot) so even though I use Acceleration I have to install SP2 and then uninstall it and then install Acceleration. Until I started using True Image it would cost me a week of program tuning to get FSX setup and working right should the program get broken somehow.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.