Author Topic: AH Pilot Conduct  (Read 1291 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Pilot Conduct
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 11:20:19 PM »
<S> All

I was taken by absolute surprise this afternoon when after 2 minutes of ACM a collision ensued and the victim tuned my VoX and let fly language that I felt is far beyond civil disagreement. "F*** you", "Piece of S***" and "studmuffing*t" were all used in a matter of 10 seconds. This is unacceptable behavior by any standard in our arenas. There are better ways to communicate frustration than pure verbal abuse. In the 6 years I've been a member of the AH pilot fraternity I have never witnessed such dishonorable conduct and I hope this is an isolated incident. I beg the 352 FG Bluenose Bastards to police their own and continue to represent professional AH aviators. This incident was reported to Hitech as documentation.

I hope that this is not the 2009 norm in my AH Arena.

<S>

Spaatz

Airpower!!!

u must be talking about drd, he's just a bully who thinks he's too good to be shot down.  he did the same to me, i let it pass thinking that it was due to frustration due to us vulching him so many times, but then hear him on the DA arena, and oh boy.  I wish i had saved the film. now I have my film on all the time, just waiting....for the next chance.  also and that's the reason there's a thread in the wish list asking for people to be given permission prior to tune in to your vox.  that requested was made specially for him.

semp
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:22:51 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »
I hate it when people do this never happened to me on this game but, it has on another game I used to play.I wish people would have better manners and poilteness.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:53:08 AM by Skuzzy »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
i wouldmn't even have brought this here. just send the film in, and let htc handle it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
LOL next time get a screen shot  :x

Cartoon planes rule :x

Reiner and Floats wear high heel shoes by the way  :airplane:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 04:47:15 AM »
I find this funny. Happened many times and always given me the giggles! :lol

Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 05:20:08 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:53:41 AM by Skuzzy »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »
Who here has not read an explanation from HiTech on how the collision model works? Maybe he could be persuaded to add it as a sticky with Skuzzy's stickys in the Technical Support area. Then complaints can be told RTFM HiTech's STICKY.

Those of you who have read it may or may not agree with the reasoning for why only one player looses and the other flys away. But for the most part the only other choice is to turn of all collisions which as I remember at one time was off between fighters and bombers. Any of you remember flying through bombers during an attack run, chopping throttle just below and emptying your clip up into the box before the gunner figured out where you went? Wouldn't that be the end all of gameing this game where the other guy slips into your plane to hide for a moment.

It keeps being pointed out if player A and player B films the same fight that ends in a collision that one film will show the collision and the other may or may not. Why? Because of the nature of our computers and connections. We do not see each other in real time as we fight. There is a small persitant delay due to hardware processing and network time. Thats why when we collide, sometimes we dont see the collision, then our planes fall to the ground in smoking peices. Factor a slow or poor quality Internet round trip to this and we have angry players venting on ch200 or this BBS.

From what I understand the server detects which aircraft of the two "initiates" the collision vector and awards the initiator with a busted airplane rather than two broken airplanes as in the real world. Because of the persistant delay in the game, the initiated vector is probably always innocent and unsupected as the collision vector by the looser. As things stand with this collision model, just like killshooter rewards you with the damage your guns do to your countrymen by accident. Right or wrong, the collision model rewards you with a busted airplane for getting too close to your protagonist in a fight.

I suppose some of the logic behind this would be to disallow using ramming as a tactic to stop bombers and hoards. Or ramming to get out of hand for reasons of revenge and greifing. Do any of you want a squad of sqweekers ramming into your furballs as their best tactic? As it is now, we are getting excellent collision avoidence training by virtue of negative feed back. Remember, if you loose the collision it's not because you got rammed, it's because you got too close to the other player.

Smokey the Bear says: If you are accusing some one of ramming you. You got your busted plane by ramming them first whether you saw it or not.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 06:58:25 AM »
Every person playng the game has recourse in dealing with ill-behaved players.  Posting about it on the bulletin board is not one of the options.  It really does nothing at all to help solve the problem.

No drama needed.  Email us a screenshot, or a film along with issuing a ".report" or ".vreport" is all it takes. 
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com