Author Topic: Hmm  (Read 612 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Hmm
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »
It seems like no matter what I do I can't flatten all the water, or convert all the water to land.  I tried going through and just going to all the water not 0s and then hitting 'set terrain - 0', but when I did a good portion and hit 'find water not 0' it came back with ~6724 vertices still.  Also I place a grndtype.bmp greyscale in my folder replacing the old one.  This one was full of 17,17,17 RGB in the hopes of making everything land.  No joy.  What am I missing?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: Hmm
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »
In the old days, the Find Water Not 0 function could only "remember" a limited number of vertices.  If you had a lot, you had to do what you described -- Find Water not 0, Set Terrain to 0 -- several times to get them all.  This newer version of the TE may work the same way.

If the Find Water Not 0 is identifying the same vertices over and over after setting them to 0, then you have a problem and may need some professional help – like is your *.elv file mistakenly set to Read-Only?  Do you have to hit Save and/or close and reopen the TE between Set Terrain to 0 and the next Find Water Not 0 attempt?

What you describe doing should work.  You may just need to be persistent.  GL

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Hmm
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »
mensa there are 2 files, 1 controls the terrain type, this is also what the ocean bottom is. The other tells what is water and what is not. So you need to export water in the File menu.

HiTech