Author Topic: Bombs in Tank Town  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Bombs in Tank Town
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »
Did you have any aircover? Did you at least have a few wirbels near by to dissuade the jabos from making runs on you? Did you attempt to have the ord bunkers destroyed at the field the planes were coming from?

Rooks had a full darbar of planes, a few friendly fighters couldn't fly in and wipe out the bombers. Nobody wanted wirbles with all the tanks near by. And i took down the ord at both rooks and knights base and both were resupped in less than 15 mins. So its a pointless waste of time.
I don't get the point of bombing tanks on there own base. If you want to kill someone get in a tank and do it.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
was it level bombing or dive bombing? Dive bombing I can see, and you have no grounds for complaint.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »
Did you have any aircover? Did you at least have a few wirbels near by to dissuade the jabos from making runs on you? Did you attempt to have the ord bunkers destroyed at the field the planes were coming from?

what if he doesn't have a squadron and all the friendlies around killer don't give a poop about his tank?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 03:35:55 AM »
what if he doesn't have a squadron and all the friendlies around killer don't give a poop about his tank?

Then he's screwed, gets bombed and posts a whining thread in the forums.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
Well for those of you who don't think bombs are over used, look at these stats.
Yesterday in TT my tank was bombed 17 times. I dodged 4 attempts to for a total of 21 times.
I was bombed 13 times on my own base and 4 times at an enemy base. All dodged attempts were between bases.
I was only killed 11 times by other tanks. 5 on my own base and 6 at enemy bases or between bases.

Looking at those stats bombs are ridiculously overused in TT and something needs to be changed.

Stats?  What stats?

I do not see any hard proof posted.  Just another whine.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
Rooks had a full darbar of planes, a few friendly fighters couldn't fly in and wipe out the bombers. Nobody wanted wirbles with all the tanks near by. And i took down the ord at both rooks and knights base and both were resupped in less than 15 mins. So its a pointless waste of time.
I don't get the point of bombing tanks on there own base. If you want to kill someone get in a tank and do it.

Then take out troops at all nearby bases.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
I think  posts like this just make me wana take my squad over in lancasters and plaster the hell outa tank town.
:lol I think posts like this just make me wonder what the "LTAR's" have come too.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 04:08:08 PM »
was it level bombing or dive bombing? Dive bombing I can see, and you have no grounds for complaint.

It was both. There's Lancs, B-24's, and most of the fighters that will carry bombs.

I do have a squad but its just four of us. So there's really not much we can do against a full dar-bar of planes.

Stats?  What stats?

I do not see any hard proof posted.  Just another whine.

As for that I wrote down every death and kept track of it every thing there was to keep track of. I wouldn't make up crap to put on my own thread.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
Your tour totals for GV's are

Sherman >85% of deaths to GV's
Panzer IV >98% of deaths to GV's
Tiger I >90% of deaths to GV's
T34/76 100% of deaths to GV's
T34/85 >83% of deaths to GV's

I'm not calling you a liar, however if you died 17 times to aircraft yesterday, that's approaching half of your deaths to aircraft for the tour, which is something that should be put in perspective.

From the perspective of a pilot it's just as difficult if not more so to kill tanks compared to aircraft, if there're flakpanzers and fighters about.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »

As for that I wrote down every death and kept track of it every thing there was to keep track of. I wouldn't make up crap to put on my own thread.

I'm not calling you a liar, however if you died 17 times to aircraft yesterday, that's approaching half of your deaths to aircraft for the tour, which is something that should be put in perspective.

From the perspective of a pilot it's just as difficult if not more so to kill tanks compared to aircraft, if there're flakpanzers and fighters about.

Those are stats.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »

Yep looks about like i expected.  The reason for that being that TT isn't the only place i've GV'ed this tour.
So my overall stats have nothing to do with my TT stats.

And yes yesterday was a particularly bad day in getting bombed. It seems to be getting worse by the day.
What would be so wrong about giving us GV'ers a place to go up agaisnt each other without having people drop bombs on us?
I don't care how many times i get killed by a tank but i wish the bombing would come to an end.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
:lol I think posts like this just make me wonder what the "LTAR's" have come too.

All I'm saying is that every month there is a "stop attacking tank town" or "make tank town uncapturable"  thread put up. If all you want to do is have a GV fight, then get everyone there to go to the Golly-geen dueling arena.

It was both. There's Lancs, B-24's, and most of the fighters that will carry bombs.

Well you can kind of complain about the level bombers since you can't do a thing about it, but the dive bombers are what wirbs, osties and M16's are for. And really, you have no grounds for complaint since thats pretty much what there for.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Well you can kind of complain about the level bombers since you can't do a thing about it, but the dive bombers are what wirbs, osties and M16's are for. And really, you have no grounds for complaint since thats pretty much what there for.

I still think that we should be able to tank without being bombed. If i had to drive a wirble i'd never get to drive a tank because there's so many people bombing. Mostly rooks.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »
Level bomber, you have a right to complain about, but dive bombers, if they hit bases, they make themselves vulnerable to higher fighters. And you don't have to have hundreds to make a good GV fight. I've been in some really intense ones with three tigers charging.  The total number of people in that fight was less than 20. As for the bombs, you can protect youself some by hiding behind a bush inbetween you and your attacker. the  bushes are bullet and bomb proof, and likely they will relase to soon causing the bomb to land infront of the bush.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »
Level bomber, you have a right to complain about, but dive bombers, if they hit bases, they make themselves vulnerable to higher fighters. And you don't have to have hundreds to make a good GV fight. I've been in some really intense ones with three tigers charging.  The total number of people in that fight was less than 20. As for the bombs, you can protect youself some by hiding behind a bush inbetween you and your attacker. the  bushes are bullet and bomb proof, and likely they will relase to soon causing the bomb to land infront of the bush.

Yea some of my best fights have been with just 2 or 3 other people.  Bushes do work well as long as there's no tanks around because by the time you get set up to avoid the bomb a tank takes you out.

Whats worse is when rooks take over TT. But thats for another thread.