Author Topic: Ya Know (tm)  (Read 3483 times)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Ya Know (tm)
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
I am sure HTC can multi task. We will see new features on both ends WWI and WWII. No need to freak out about not getting new planes imho. They will come as they always do.

I cant wait for them cities to be in FSO  :salute

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 05:48:39 AM by Skuzzy »
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
 :huh
Just some guy

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2009, 04:39:46 PM »
I realized years ago that what is good for the HTC is good for events. :) They have yet to make an aircraft we have not used in our events, (FSO, Snapshots, Scenarios). It may not be our first choice, but we will use what ever they make. ;)

On the flip side when HTC gives special events a desired/requested aircraft or some more CM tools, it is booty for the events community, but not a big revenue maker in the MA. That IMHO should make all special event community members that much more appreciative when HTC does something for us.  :cheers:
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2009, 07:14:01 PM »
Wow. I may not agree with your analysis, I'm not even sure if it's serious (I hope not), but you write magnificently.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:04:37 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2009, 08:48:12 PM »
<S> daddog.  Well said and I agree.

nimble,  :rofl  Woah!  Very creative.  I did not think it was possible to use every single word in the dictionary to write a post on the AH forum.  Dry humor, it can be abit unusual.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
<S> daddog.  Well said and I agree.

nimble,  :rofl  Woah!  Very creative.  I did not think it was possible to use every single word in the dictionary to write a post on the AH forum.  Dry humor, it can be abit unusual.

hehe, government job + iPhone= US tax dollars paying for my boredom lol
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:24 AM »
It's amazing how many whines are from players about changes. So many whines about filling out the WWII plane set.

If you compare the number of kills in the LW arena for September the most successful aircraft was the P-51D, the least the P-40B. The P-40B had less that 1/2 of 1% the success of the P-51D. Yes I know the reason that it is not as successful so that dog won't hunt. I question the reasoning of the people that demand (and they do demand) filling out the plane set of every plane that flew in WWII before HTC moves on to anything else. Did these guys whine about adding vehicles too?

We've had an real WWII Ace slandered in these forums without any documented proof during the arguements about adding WWI aircraft, folks crying about having vox in WWI planes and various and sundry things.

How many of these people really took the time to think about what is good for the continued growth of this game and how many are just saying I want what I want and I want it now? It doesn't add to gameplay, it doesn't bring in customers, but it makes me happy and pffffffft to the rest of you. Same ones that say I don't care that it costs the same to add an aircraft that won't get flown outside of scenarios as it does to do one that may bring in more people and keep this game growing?

SB

Ya know SB, ya just can't please eveybody!  I'm not one of the whiners here on the direction of HTC.  I think it's great that HT is looking for other avenues to grow the business (game), and I don't care if he wants to go backward or forward in history for avenues to do it.  I don't really think that most folks realize that as far as the WWI goes, that HiTech has been there and done that before and can now do it better.  What I DO know is that Dale and his company have been and continue to grow the WWII fighter game community and anything other than that is a bonus for the little cost to us as consumers.  Now as a community, we should be hanging our heads if some of the community have indeed slandered a Vet and even worse if it were an ACE, as those who really climbed in the cockpit of a WWI or WWII or any other conflict, well they are the real heros of our lifetime and should be honored for their courage and devotion.  I'm quite happy with the direction of the game.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
I have fun in the game,. HT gets my $15.00. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2009, 06:27:49 AM »
I have fun in the game,. HT gets my $15.00. 

+1 :aok
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
To me it seems the common misconception here is that if HTC is working on something other than filling in the WWII plane set it will never be done. From what I've seen of the operation they will continue to fill in the plane set and do things that may generate additional revenue for the company. Waffle's screen shots of the huge city are pretty cool and would be great models for London or Berlin that could be used for FSO ops. I'm all for additional rides of both eras. One of my favorite planes will probably never make it to the plane set, the HE-162.

Meanwhile, look back of the last 10 years and see how many planes have been added from the initial plane set. Yeah some of the graphics are dated but how many have been totally redone? I think it's a fantastic achievement that this game has stood up on it's own over the the last 10 years. 20+ if you include AirWarrior, and WarBirds. Yes HiTech did do a lot of work with AirWarrior, enough he was flying free for years on GEnie and had credits there when GEnie folded. 

I guess the basic premise is no matter what HTC does some folks will continue to whine if what they want for themselves isn't happening right now.  :neener:

SB
Heh SB I can remember when Dale was begging Kesmai for the code so he could just do some skins  :O
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2009, 05:10:35 PM »
As for a small following for WWI, I think RoF has shown what the interest is there at a minimum of 40,000 copies sold.  If HTC added 10% of that total it would be 4,000 new subs (THAT would pay for alot of development) :rock
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »
Excellent point Boxboy.

And, Rise of Flight has an evil DRM scheme that requires the player to be online- connected to the internet- even when flying offline.

So, your point is not trivial.

"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
Excellent point Boxboy.

And, Rise of Flight has an evil DRM scheme that requires the player to be online- connected to the internet- even when flying offline.

So, your point is not trivial.

Well to be fair most of the guys that bought RoF are not the pay to play types, but the online flying there is next to nonexistant, so that is why I guessed maybe a pickup of 10%.

Alot of the old DOA guys might also come back
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot