Author Topic: Rolling plane set  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Kazzzz

• Zinc Member
Re: Rolling plane set
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
Oh and one more thing if I upped an allied aircraft I would only be facing axis aircraft. Something about spit vs spit just never sat right with me. Just ruins the immersion

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 01:56:58 PM »
Pardon my disorientation as I am in agreement with both Bronk and Ack Ack on this point: Anything that limits choice in airframes for everyone is bad.

Putting an RPS arena out there would likely result in another under utilized arena.  To contradict my own argument, FSO's and Snapshots provide restricted plane sets and are very popular. 

Still, restriction of choice is usually bad.
1st, welcome to the dark side.
2nd, you sign up for FSOs so you know what you are in for. No one is forced to fly FSOs

Apples to oranges.
Ohh and  :banana: just because.
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
Pardon my disorientation as I am in agreement with both Bronk and Ack Ack on this point: Anything that limits choice in airframes for everyone is bad.

Putting an RPS arena out there would likely result in another under utilized arena.  To contradict my own argument, FSO's and Snapshots provide restricted plane sets and are very popular.  

Still, restriction of choice is usually bad.

FSO and Snapshots aren't a contradiction to the argument.  Those are special events where the participants know before hand that there is a limited plane set.  It is their choice to attend these special events and it is not forced upon them like it would be if a RPS system was introduced into the main arenas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Ack Ack,  I don't believe anyone is advocating an RPS model for the main arenas.

If they are, I do not stand with them.

However, if there were an RPS arena, I would probably fly there most of the time.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
Ack Ack,  I don't believe anyone is advocating an RPS model for the main arenas.

However, if there were an RPS arena, I would probably fly there most of the time.

you and the other 3 guys that like this idea   :D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »

AVA.... ohh wait low numbers.
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 06:52:26 PM »

As someone pointed out, the AvA is pretty much a defacto RPS arena by virtue of the mini-setups with limited plane sets they run each week.  I know that some can argue the various reasons why the AvA is under utilized but they can't not argue the fact that the limited plane sets are a factor in not drawing the crowds in.  There is a reason why the LW arenas are the most populated arenas and the main reason is the entire planeset is available for all to use.

An RPS arena will probably generate a population size around the same size of the current AvA population, maybe at times reach levels of the MW population but it will never garner LW arena population numbers.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
I think I'll start flying AvA.  That was fun in years past.

Dale himself may have said there will never be an RPS in AH.  That's fine it's his game and his business.  That doesn't mean that the three of us here, and the unknown number we represent, who indicate that we like the RPS model are wrong for liking it.  We can and have on several occasions articulated the reasons we like it.  That doesn't mean we want to "make people fly our way" or "take away other people's choices" or have an RPS "forced upon them".

I would like to fly in an RPS model arena.  There's nothing sinister in that.  There's nothing invalid in my preference.  My likings neither force anyone to do anything not restricts anyone.  If there were and RPS arena, I would fly it.  That's all.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
The last four times I've logged in I've gone straight to the AvA.  In every case there were at most one other person online.    :(   That don't work at all.

I suppose an RPS arena might end up the same way.  :cry  :confused:  :rolleyes:   :lol   :)   ... over it.  :aok

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »
When are you logging on?  We had nearly 30 people on Friday night.  About 8pm EST is about the earliest it starts to pick up, but then it can go till 11pm or later.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2009, 12:16:07 AM »
Was prolly some time after midnight, central.  I'm usually not online until everyone here is in bed.

I'll check ever time I log in, and if I can mix it up and get in eariler, I'll see you there.  :aok