Author Topic: A thought on dropping hangars...  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: A thought on dropping hangars...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
Thats been the problem for a while now, and remember this is the generation people are letting loose into the world.
[snip]
Aren't you all happy to be alive in these times?  :huh

Yep, this world sure is going downhill.

It was even going downhill for the Romans 2,000 years ago, and also for the Assyrians about 800 years before the that.

Anyone beginning to notice a pattern here?
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »

:old:   :old:   :old:   :old:   :old:     :old:

Fugitive, you're a boomer, aren't you? If you're going to insist on turning every thread into collective judgments on generations, I'd say the evidence is pretty indisputable that your generation is the most spoiled, narcissistic, callous, crass, selfish, self-indulgent, rude, obnoxious, disrespectful, unpatriotic, immoral, drug-addled, and all around useless collection of human beings since the fall of the Roman Empire. All the biggest a****les and petty tyrants I've known in my career and all the people who wrecked our economy, sold the productive base of the country to China, and turned every corporate office in the country into Orwellian jungles and the White House into a brothel, have been baby boomers. Gen Xers and Yers are model citizens by comparisonm, most of the latter already more mature than their boomer parents by age 15.

I'm just sayin'...

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
You know guys, when I go squirrel hunting, I don't begin or end by taking a bulldozer and knocking down all the oak trees.... :devil  :bolt:

Hunting is something you do to get in touch with nature.* Bombing is something you do to get in touch with your inner Ghengis Khan. I wouldn't hunt with a .50BMG or a Class III Thompson but I like blasting overripe fruit with both of them and I like blowing [stuff] up. Anyway I fail to see how taking 2 sets of Lancs and half a dozen fighters and leveling a field is any less honorable or difficult than bringing 50 friends and vulching everything that moves. At least the former requires some amount of skill on the part of everyone involved.

* And maybe put some food on the table and/or get a trophy to mount on the wall, which is another reason why overkill is bad in hunting. But not always - I've expressed surprise before in these threads that no one around here seems to be familiar with the popular and challenging passtime of turning gophers and praerie dogs into puffs of pink mist at 200 yards with a .300 Win mag.

I'm curious, BnZs, do you actually hunt?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
This thread needs some  :banana: :cheers: :joystick: and a  :rock
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Last and only time I've gone squirrel hunting was with a buddy and I was using one of his shotguns.  I asked and was assured that it was loaded with small game loads.  Man 00 buckshot and 10 feet and you don't need a bulldozer.  Biggest thing that was left was the tail and attached bits. :huh
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 07:13:10 PM »
Last and only time I've gone squirrel hunting was with a buddy and I was using one of his shotguns.  I asked and was assured that it was loaded with small game loads.  Man 00 buckshot and 10 feet and you don't need a bulldozer.  Biggest thing that was left was the tail and attached bits. :huh
12 guage buckshot. Whew that squirrel never saw it coming. Opps, I mean bad, bad allaire. :P
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Hell that was the last time I ever believed a word out of his mouth.  Did a good job pruning the trees as well.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 09:22:05 PM »
How you like to play determins what tactics you use, and alot of guys want to pick,vulch, and furball all the live long day.
Hey im all for furballing, but im known for deacking a base..., simply to get some man power on scene so we can get a capture going. (nothing makes people show up at an enemy air base like the words "vulch light is lit!!"

Several times i've been scolded by the guys taking advantage of the ack being down to get em some killz..., usualy its a teenager, and usualy they travel from one vulch fest to the next, whining when the base eventualy gets taken, regardless of who worked to get the field deack'd in the first place.
If they cant hold cap, Rooks grab bombers and start rolling in for the Fighter Hangers, and that makes some guy's LIVID..., "why'd you put the fighter hangers down?" ..., "because im a jerk, and I dont care what you think.", and that puts it in perspective I think..., I paid my monthly bill to get on this game, and ill damn well blow up whatever I please :aok

People are gonna do what they want, and theres no sense getting angry about it, its a game, and you've got to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Hmm, Skyrock needs to make a "Biggest Tool" thread. I'll vote for you.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
<snip>

Had I thought anything you might type is worth reading I'd spend the time reading all that. However, I know better than to waste my time with your drivel.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 05:05:51 AM »
I thought this was a classic rant on knit range vox yesterday over a very capped field:

angryknit: useless frikin knits how long have we been trying to take this base? wtf are you doing? theres just a group of 5 buildings left in town and lvts just outside ...
angryknit: ... how come I'm the only one bringing ords here to help take the base?
* 2mins pass *
angryknit: ok Ive dropped the last hangar, fighters are down!

:lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 08:24:33 AM »
don't hold back holmes name and shame   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
I thought this was a classic rant on knit range vox yesterday over a very capped field:

angryknit: useless frikin knits how long have we been trying to take this base? wtf are you doing? theres just a group of 5 buildings left in town and lvts just outside ...
angryknit: ... how come I'm the only one bringing ords here to help take the base?
* 2mins pass *
angryknit: ok Ive dropped the last hangar, fighters are down!

:lol
:rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
:D I actually never tortured anything when I was a kid. Except the hive of fuzzy bumblebees that killed all the chicks in my birdhouse and chased off the parents. Sprayed them with a garden hose for two days before nuking the birdhouse with a baseball bat.

How did that workout for ya?
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 03:37:23 PM »
To keep some individuals from messing up a good fight just let the cons know that you will back off while they attack the buffs.

If the buff driver doesn't care about what I am doing.... why should I care about him.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:39:06 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 03:52:31 PM »
Some of us know that the reason we can get away with it is the near-total anonymity of the internet, and that as far as the singular reality goes, we're not interacting with "real" people. Some of us.

Also, have you ever wondered if you're actually the only one playing this game, and that the rest of us are all just made up to fleece you of your $15? :noid

actually, NOTHING on the internet is totally anonymous, and really, anyone wanting to take the effort can find any information on you, or me that they want.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)