Author Topic: AvA the new EW arena?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Re: AvA the new EW arena?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
It's a shame you let it get to you that much. AvA is seeing the most #s it has had in months. Great time to be in there.

It didn't get to me as in mad or anything. I just thought it was pointless. The attackers would never come out of the ack to fight until you started to land then vulch you. I had a couple good fights before the fleet got there one with a P38 and me in a Val and another with a P40 and me in the same Val. But when the fleets got there just became pointless to stay. I couldn't sink all 3 fleets with one val and there were only 3 others on my side and  9 or 10 attackers in the fleet ack right off the base.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
It didn't get to me as in mad or anything. I just thought it was pointless. The attackers would never come out of the ack to fight until you started to land then vulch you. I had a couple good fights before the fleet got there one with a P38 and me in a Val and another with a P40 and me in the same Val. But when the fleets got there just became pointless to stay. I couldn't sink all 3 fleets with one val and there were only 3 others on my side and  9 or 10 attackers in the fleet ack right off the base.

Ack is usaully reduced in the AvA. Should've been no problem to drag a few out  :x
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
Most times AAA is .25 or .1

MA AAA is set at 2.0 which is many times higher.  IMHO our lower setting seems more realistic :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
Its not about agreeing or disagreeing about anything. Its about him reading jaegers post then trying to spin it to troll.

He's not trying to spin it as anything other than a question.  However, you disagree with him and you're trying to dismiss his question by claiming it as a troll when you really don't have a valid answer to his question.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
Its not that hard to see his question was a spin to try and get a flame war going akak. Maybe you should read the posts again.

This was jaeger's post.

"i find it enhances the game and it keeps the fight below 3k. works for me. just my 2 cents"

Now this was BnZs' post.

"Query: Why should the fights be kept below 3K in an arena that is is supposed to be more historically accurate?"

Now jaeger said nothing about how fights SHOULD be kept under 3k. He said that puff ack from the CVs tend to keep people below 3k. From jaeger's post it seems that he didn't mind it and you could even say he enjoyed it. Now BnZs comes in and posts a random question wording it like jaeger said the fights should be kept under 3k. Which, if anyone took the bait would have started another 'you cant tell me how to fly' thread and put all the work some people have been doing to try and get numbers into the AvA.

Its obvious to see what was happening because its happened so many times before. The AvA starts seeing numbers and people start putting the past behind them, then someone comes in and stirs the pot and it all goes down the drain.

So akak you want a valid answer to his question? Well you're right I don't have an answer, because its not a valid question.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »
I was there tonight and had fun. :)  But who are these people toolsheding the map?  There was a squad of 5 in there, each with "A2" in front their cpids, running lvts against undefended bases.

Please, no more field capture in the AvA.

P.S. the current map has way too much puffy ack.
I ran into those 2A dweebs in EW or MW a few days ago, when I got on they were having a nerd attack that buster was killing them. Then They interupted Bushlt's and my 1v1 and started to talk trash. :confused:

Went to DA with bigmouth and apparently "Got lucky" and killed em.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:18:49 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
See Rule #4

VF-17 does not fly the MW as far as i know
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:18:59 AM by Skuzzy »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »
Sorry, it's the vf15 playmates, not vf17.   :uhoh

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
Sorry, it's the vf15 playmates, not vf17.   :uhoh

Sheesh and I spent the whole day looking for a VF-17 Soarmate avatar.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:28:34 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
Very very cool    :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »

There are a few bad apples as there is in any arena. This is a fact of multiplayer games unfortunately  :(
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B