Author Topic: A6M Gunsight  (Read 609 times)

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
A6M Gunsight
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »
Not sure if this post should be here or in the Sounds/Skins Board so bear with me...

I was curious to know if anyone has made a historically accurate gun-sight for the A6M? Preferably I'm interested in the A6M5b the most, but if say you only had the A6M2(did they even use a different kind?) that would also be acceptable. Oh, and of course both would be even better if I am that lucky.

Thanks in advance.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: A6M Gunsight
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:12 AM »
I know the early A6M had a telescopic tube gunsight, but don't know much about the projector. Tried searching, did not find anything good.  :(
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »
Welp after a bit of research I had some luck. I found out the A6M5b used the Type 4 Model I gunsight/reflector and the A6M2 seems to have used the Type 98. Both which can be found with Sketch's Sights but I just never knew what went to which planes. Thanks again for the help everyone.

P.S. On a last note I did find an interesting site during all this that made it all more worthwhile. Not sure if anyone else knew about it or not but full of a bunch of good pictures and what not.

http://sv06.wadax.ne.jp/~gunsight-jp/b/
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »
Welp after a bit of research I had some luck. I found out the A6M5b used the Type 4 Model I gunsight/reflector and the A6M2 seems to have used the Type 98. Both which can be found with Sketch's Sights but I just never knew what went to which planes. Thanks again for the help everyone.

P.S. On a last note I did find an interesting site during all this that made it all more worthwhile. Not sure if anyone else knew about it or not but full of a bunch of good pictures and what not.

http://sv06.wadax.ne.jp/~gunsight-jp/b/

thanks
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s