Author Topic: trouble killing the new M4  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: trouble killing the new M4
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
Yep.
You are going to make drediwhine cry.
See Rule #4

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
Well, all in a day's work. :lol
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
I skipped reading about half the thread, but I've had some serious issues fighting the M4A3(76)W. The armor surrounding the gun barrel seems nigh impenetrable. I went against one in a Tiger at 500 yards, me in a hull-down bunker, him hull-down under a ridge. Three shots in varying places on his mantlet bounced. He bounced four rounds, fifth killed my turret, seventh killed my tank. I dunno, but it seems to me the Sherman would lose the entire turret structure if hit point-blank with a Tiger's AP round.

Pulled this out of another thread in the Aircraft & Vehicles forum, posted today.

Found a bug in the Shermans that is putting additional armor behind the gun shields.  This will be fixed in the next version.  Avoid shooting them in the gun shield for now.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »
Ooo, well, that's good news.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
I was having some issues yesterday killing panzer in the hurri D: I was shooting left, right, middle, and top of that sucker with those big o 40s, only after about 12 hits did he go boom, or towered..
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 06:05:28 AM »
got 1-shot killed by a M4-76 yesterday in my T34 after hitting him 6 times with AP at approx 1.8K. Smoked his engine (not sure how you take out an engine with a hit in his right front qtr, but whatever), knocked out both tracks, and had 3 rounds just impact (no ricochet visible) with no apparent damage. 1 of those hits was right side of the turret, one on the front around driver area, one on the right side above tracks.

He finally ranged me and killed my T34 with one shot directly to my front.

:furious
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:14 AM »
 :noid
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »
I watched someone pump 22 direct panzer hits into one yesterday before it went down.  all direct hits.

No, I was in another M4A3(76)W... doing this -->  :joystick:

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"