Author Topic: Looking for Questions - Making an AH Movie 101  (Read 583 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Looking for Questions - Making an AH Movie 101
« on: October 11, 2009, 10:55:25 PM »
I'm looking to put together another video tutorial on the basics of making a Aces High Movie.  It's a question often asked and a subject only mastered by a few.  And by mastered, I mean people who know the ins and outs of putting something quality together.  Similar to the style I made to the Camera Shots Tutorial - > http://derstuhl.net/ahmd/uploads/Aces%20High%20Training%20and%20Help%20Movies/ahfilm_camerashots_tut.zip

My aim is to go from the basics and then go a little bit further.  Try and help avoid the common movie making problems/mistakes (jerky video, bad audio, obvious film viewer glitches, best shots, recording tips, best codecs).  The tutorial will focus on using Fraps and Windows Movie Maker for the basics.  Pretty much taking these tutorials below into more depth and in a video format.

Husky01's
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,203376.0.html

1Plus44's
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,246561.0.html

Before I proceed on this project, I'm working on the outline/script.  I'm looking for questions from members on movie making.  If you have a question on how to do something or improve something, ask it here.  Even the dumbest questions are welcome, to a degree  :D
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Looking for Questions - Making an AH Movie 101
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:34:44 AM »
Make certain sections for the movie please.

Like a different movie for each different type of thing you wanna cover.

Oh, and maybe something quick on how to put stuff on Windows Movie maker (the basic stuff, if I didn't cover it well enough)
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:19:20 AM »
Is there any way to get the gunfire/flaps/whatever sounds from your own plane without inserting them using the post-editing program (WMM in this case)?

Is there any way to get the stall buffet shaking?

I don't have TrackIR, but... does TrackIR input show when using recorded views in AHFV?

Heh, these might be simple enough to answer here in the thread.
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »
Good stuff, thanks for the input.  And to quickly answer boomerlu's quesitons.

#1 Yes and No, there are ways around it, but you cant get all the sounds.  I'll cover it in the movie, thanks for the input.

#2 Stall Shaking is only duplicated in game, you can simulate it via some plugins for Sony Vegas ans Adobe Premiere

#3 TrackIR head movements are not recorded in films.  If you see a movie with someone using TrackIR, it's because the recorded footage is taken in game while flying.
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline JanneK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:09:28 AM »
Nice work Fulmar  :salute

This should be sticky
Proud member of Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
I have been trying to set up camera shots. I am finding that the shot goes on past the time limit. What am I doing wrong.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
Can you explain that a bit more Getback?  Where are you setting the "time limit"?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
I want to set a camera above a fight and have the camera track a particular airplane.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.