Author Topic: Scoring question  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Scoring question
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 03:33:50 AM »

meh, its still not that big a deal. The only way it matters if if your going for in the top 10.

You can resupply and still get #1. Whoever thought it brings the score down that much doesnt have a good score to begin with and doesnt understand the 'system' anyway. The guys that do understand the system have in the past discovered bugs used them for score and not reported them for YEARS (how fun is that?)... dont fall into that trap. Do what you do in the game because you like it or because its for your squad but not for score. If its fun then score will take care of itself.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 07:55:09 AM »
is a funny statement about "timid players" by someone bailing from his buffs to prevent a fight (and "giving them a kill")  ;)

#1 who climbs to 30k in a 190 just to kill 1 lonely buff? cough you do cough.
#2. im not able to shoot back, so there is no "fight"

When i get my joystick, it will be a different story :)

But im not gonna fly straight for you to pad your score.

And for you to be talking and whining about it a week later. I done my job :)
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
#1 who climbs to 30k in a 190 just to kill 1 lonely buff? cough you do cough.

Yes I do. Trying to engage another player that is  bombing strats @30k is wrong how?

#2. im not able to shoot back, so there is no "fight"

When i get my joystick, it will be a different story :)

BS. You can shoot back with a mouse. Being in a fighter would be another story, but even then there are quite few players doing that stuff with just a mouse too.

But im not gonna fly straight for you to pad your score.

BS again. My score "suffers" from spending 15-20 mins to hunt a single buff formation. If I would care for it that much, I would refrain from doing that kind of stuff.
Also "flying straight" is the way a Lanc is flying and fighting at 30k, having a joystic or not.

And for you to be talking and whining about it a week later. I done my job :)

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Calling other players "lame" for running away, but doing much lamer things yourself. But of course, there's always an excuse...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
my way of flying lol

lol must be strat milker

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »
Yes I do. Trying to engage another player that is  bombing strats @30k is wrong how?

BS. You can shoot back with a mouse. Being in a fighter would be another story, but even then there are quite few players doing that stuff with just a mouse too.

BS again. My score "suffers" from spending 15-20 mins to hunt a single buff formation. If I would care for it that much, I would refrain from doing that kind of stuff.
Also "flying straight" is the way a Lanc is flying and fighting at 30k, having a joystic or not.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Calling other players "lame" for running away, but doing much lamer things yourself. But of course, there's always an excuse...
#1. did i say it was wrong for you to do that? nope
#2. am i those other players? nope, i cant get it down. its bass acwards to me
#3. you are playing on something that happened a week ago, your bothered by it and you keep beating a dead horse. Let it go kid. You fly buffs with a mouse and shoot back at same time son. then come in here a post your ignorance
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 10:34:37 AM »
I use a mouse. :bolt:
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
HAHHAHA Bip a bomb and bailer hahahahahhahah.
See Rule #4

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »
Look at it this way. Running supplies can actually help your "score" in the long run. Just like clearing someones 6 can help your score int eh long run.
and I'll explain how this works.

I dont mind running supplies even though it might not be what Im doing at the moment because I figure at some point , I may be in a position to need supplies myself.
Thus improving my score.

And I dont mind going out of my way to clear someones 6 because at some point I know Im going to need mine cleared. Which also helps to improve my score.

The way I figure it. If people see you doing these things often enough. They dont hesitate to do them for you. And yanno what. It works. I cant tell you how many times I've been twisting and turning to avoid the 3 planes on my 6 when I suddenly see someone clearing mine who's handle I dont really know other then having seen their name occasionally but who's 6 I cleared the flight or day or two before.

Point is. The more you help other people. The more likely it is you yourself will get help. Often when you need it most.
And THAT in the long run,helps your score.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »
Here's a thought. make strat buildings take 3'k to kill and spread them out. Then you would see guys going for score have to fight. instead of changing sides or waiting for strats behind their own lines. so they face no ememy. Can't do this add 5" manable guns at  strats . 1 each corner and hav3e he and aaa so gvs fear strat too. make it u want great bomb % for score you have to hit a town. then you'll see who might be good at bombing and fighting off cons. Not score with no chance of dying.

All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »
Hes also not thinking clearly Nemisis. If it take 3k to drop a single building at the strats it will make towns nearly impossible to drop with a squadron of bombers. As I have read in many threads the arenas were broken up to limit numbers because of large mega-squads and what they were doing to the game. Now you cant do that and then encourage large squads to form too and thats what this type of thinking will do. I think Rod just doesnt like people out scoring him and he has never figured out how to live in bombers.

BIGTIME FAIL!!!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »
agreed chalange. Hell, we had trouble dropping a town with a fleet of bombers the way it is now. If it takes 3k to destroy a building, then the B-17 can down TWO!!! The lanc could down FIVE and damage one 2/3rds of the way. I know formation would kick it up to 6 and 16 respectively, but really, thats excessive. How many buildings are there in towns anyway? It seems like it would take 2 lancs with 100% accuracy to down a town.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 05:44:56 PM »
Hes also not thinking clearly Nemisis. If it take 3k to drop a single building at the strats it will make towns nearly impossible to drop with a squadron of bombers. As I have read in many threads the arenas were broken up to limit numbers because of large mega-squads and what they were doing to the game. Now you cant do that and then encourage large squads to form too and thats what this type of thinking will do. I think Rod just doesnt like people out scoring him and he has never figured out how to live in bombers.

BIGTIME FAIL!!!

omg ur clueless lol I call up fighters if i'm in bombers only 1 guy has ever killed all 3 of my bombers at alt thats fester only happened once. 90% Guys killing strats only hit them for score. 2nd i can kill entire town with 1 set lancs sounds like ur really clueless. only strats would be harden not towns either your clueless or can't read. Idea was to make score guys fight for score. not to hit undefended strats or  get squadie to deack field vulch. and if your afraid to face guys defending bases maybe offline is for u. ITs too funny guys who think rank means something. Rank only impresses 12 yearolds or young not the majority. Killing strats behind lines doesn't take skill. but if you had great k/d and bomb % in bomber hitting base towns that would put more meaning into rank system.  Guys upping lancs or ju87s drop moabs rinse repeat at undefened strats or driving a gv to strat that has no defnse is same as playing offline. ?like i said ADD 5" guns manable at strats with he and aaa harden strats and make them earn rank  and fight.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »
Actually your writing is even worse than mine and no one can make heads or tails of anything you say but primarily what comes across is your insults and ridiculous notions of 'hey look at me Im so awesome.'

FAIL!

K/D has nothing to do with bomber scores (as Hitech himself answered you on that) so your agenda will never succeed.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »
chalenger here answer this question what do u see when guy has bomb hit % over 500.

i can tell you what most others see. guy who only hits undefend strats. its only way to get that %. and your minority  hitting only strats for score. 90% play game my anser was to scoreing system to make it mean more make killing defnedable targets worth more.  then rank or score might mean something.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »
You are very much mistaken Rod. For instance... my hit% in bombers is 1800% and I killed three 109s doing that and I was five sectors behind enemy lines when I did that so if it was undefended it was because no one wants to intercept bombers (this was middle of the day prime time flying too). Now if you mean Stukas attack undefended strats I have to disagree with you also. In order for that strat to be in a position to be attacked by Stukas someone had to do a lot of work to earn an easy trip to the (factory) strat. In that case you are always free to do what I have done in the past. Fly to a factory and land nearby to defend it when a con starts heading that way which can lead to hours of fun! It seems to me you are whining about not being able to defend everything from people that can easily do the same thing you do.

Now lets say Hitech changes it so it takes a 4000 pound bomb to destroy one building. The only thing that might happen is people stop attacking strats altogether which would make it pointless to even have strats in the game. Point being? You want strat bombers to hit only towns and fields? Every muppet in the game is going to be hunting you down for even thinking it!

Score will never mean anything just get used to it.