Author Topic: Scoring question  (Read 3080 times)

Offline haasehole

• Copper Member
      • http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The13thMidwestPilotGroup/
Re: Scoring question
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »
 :headscratch:
~GELU~CRUOR~IUGUOLO~o2b1ace~
             13 Midwest Pilot Group
                  WD40 - F.S.O.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
chalenger here answer this question what do u see when guy has bomb hit % over 500.

i can tell you what most others see. guy who only hits undefend strats. its only way to get that %. and your minority  hitting only strats for score. 90% play game my anser was to scoreing system to make it mean more make killing defnedable targets worth more.  then rank or score might mean something.

I find myself agreeing with chalenge, what I'm getting out of your posts is a poor attempt at bragging. I serisouly doubt that you've had your entire formation destroyed only once in your gaming careear, unless you've been flying bomber for less than an hour, or have only attacked at night in the EW and MW arenas.

The only way your idea to make it take 3k to destroy a town builing is if the lanc is suddenly discovered to have carryed 42,000lbs of high-explosives in its bomb bay.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 08:35:20 AM »
You are very much mistaken Rod. For instance... my hit% in bombers is 1800% and I killed three 109s doing that and I was five sectors behind enemy lines when I did that so if it was undefended it was because no one wants to intercept bombers (this was middle of the day prime time flying too). Now if you mean Stukas attack undefended strats I have to disagree with you also. In order for that strat to be in a position to be attacked by Stukas someone had to do a lot of work to earn an easy trip to the (factory) strat. In that case you are always free to do what I have done in the past. Fly to a factory and land nearby to defend it when a con starts heading that way which can lead to hours of fun! It seems to me you are whining about not being able to defend everything from people that can easily do the same thing you do.

Now lets say Hitech changes it so it takes a 4000 pound bomb to destroy one building. The only thing that might happen is people stop attacking strats altogether which would make it pointless to even have strats in the game. Point being? You want strat bombers to hit only towns and fields? Every muppet in the game is going to be hunting you down for even thinking it!

Score will never mean anything just get used to it.

hit % in bomber is not by killing a fighter. its bombs hitting target.  right now only things strats for is bomb% in bomber.  no one that bombs a town,vhs.cv, ord, radar etc ever has over 500% hit any one with over 500% bomb hit is milking strat. and maybe 1/10th percent hitting strat to stop ord from coming up ior anther strats feature. Most go to strats just to pad not to fight. you would get more fights if you made strats harder to kill like HTC did with HQ.  increaseing guys fighting is to everyones enjoyment. Hell go in mw or ew  all u see is guys milking strats not fighting. this idea makes them hit towns  where enemy can engage.

and nemisis  I use to bomb in m,ain all the time use to go HQ call up fighters. No one has ever killed all 3 of my bombers at 30k ever except fester/ Thats why i said at alt. Bombers were made to bomb at 25k plus not like alot here 1k diving. Never in my time here havei ever suicided cv always bomb it from 8 to 10 k. I get called a cheater for my Gunnery atleast 2 to 3 times a weak.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 08:47:41 AM »
 :rofl I stopped worrying about score when it was all combined, with vehicles, bombers, etc... since I only fly fighters most of the time and so some attack stuff, seldom fly bombers and NEVER GV, my over all score will always suck in this system :devil
(not that it wouldn't suck anyway :neener:)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:29 AM »
Maybe because you are reducing score to pure K/D. But that's only a small part in score, and if you are a runner, you will get a good K/D, but a bad K/T and probably a bad K/S too.

Not always, the guys really good at scoring high don't just run.  They only run after they lost the advantage but the good ones will come in over a field or furball, get their picks fast and then run.  If done right, all stats go up.  K/D will go down if you bother fighting for a kill and K/S or K/T will depend on your skill at fighting.  However, KS and KT for a someone that plays for the fights will never be as high as someone that is playing for score and does it the right way.  (I am not talking about nubes here k?  Seasoned players that play for score)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:40 AM »

and nemisis  I use to bomb in m,ain all the time use to go HQ call up fighters. No one has ever killed all 3 of my bombers at 30k ever except fester/ Thats why i said at alt. Bombers were made to bomb at 25k plus not like alot here 1k diving. Never in my time here havei ever suicided cv always bomb it from 8 to 10 k. I get called a cheater for my Gunnery atleast 2 to 3 times a weak.

all you are proving here is the concessions HTC has made to the bomber pilots, easy bomb site, groups of bombers for more fire power etc etc....... :aok
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
1ST thing you do so you can score-turn off your computer-stand up-go out the door-go find a chick easy as that to score  :cheers:  :aok
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »

OK, so when did you start bombing at 30+K? If it was after enough time for your gunnery to have improved to that level, then I can believe that. If your going to tell me you were bombing at 30k after just 6 months then I'll say roadkill to your face. Unless you have the insane luck of being attacked by newbs that are inexplicably flying at 30k, or have other practice, then I'd expect atleast a year, maybe a year and a half for that type of gunnery.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »
OK, so when did you start bombing at 30+K? If it was after enough time for your gunnery to have improved to that level, then I can believe that. If your going to tell me you were bombing at 30k after just 6 months then I'll say bullsoup to your face. Unless you have the insane luck of being attacked by newbs that are inexplicably flying at 30k, or have other practice, then I'd expect atleast a year, maybe a year and a half for that type of gunnery.
Defensive bomber guns are so ridiculously easy in this game to get kills with that it's not uncommon for people to go around trolling in B26's and 17's and such. I know I did this and was much better at it than flying fighters for the first 6 months or so I played the game.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »
Defensive bomber guns are so ridiculously easy in this game to get kills with that it's not uncommon for people to go around trolling in B26's and 17's and such. I know I did this and was much better at it than flying fighters for the first 6 months or so I played the game.
Same here, but my point is even then you still wouldn't have been shot down by only once at 30+K. Its near physicly impossible dispite the altitude; I've seen B-17s chased upto 41k. If hes had the luck to dodge fighters the entire time he's played the game, then it MIGHT have happened, just its very unlikely.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »
I agree... I fly a B-38 almost always.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
B-38? Wrong letter or wrong numbers? And agree with what exactly?

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
B-38? Wrong letter or wrong numbers? And agree with what exactly?
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 12:53:47 AM »
hit % in bomber is not by killing a fighter

Obvious statement of the century! WTG!!!!

What you fail to see rod is that all it takes is one guy to hit a strat and then the only way to score as well or better is to do the same thing. Also the only way to have a 500% hit percentage is by hitting one section of the town and then flying home. Thats even more gamey than hitting strats which (by the way) is not milking if it is behind enemy lines and you encounter even a single con. If the definition of 'milking' has changed to include flying deep into enemy territory and getting intercepted (my definition of defended target) then its not an accurate definition.

One Spit XVI can easily kill a bomber and a 109K4 can easily kill all three (as can many other fighters) if the fighter is flown by an experienced pilot. What you should really make fun of (and make no mistake you are making fun of ALL bomber pilots) is the guys that refuse to attack high altitude bombers. I can understand why you dont because that probably includes you.

Bombing from 30k? Okay I can understand 25k but you have to absolutely scared to death to worry about getting to 30k before you drop the first bomb!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 01:04:39 AM »
What you should really make fun of (and make no mistake you are making fun of ALL bomber pilots) is the guys that refuse to attack high altitude bombers. I can understand why you dont because that probably includes you.

Who wants to climb to 25k? Heck, most of us in fighters never get over 10k! If the guy in the bomber wants to climb to 30k and bomb, he might as well do it offline because no one is going to bother him.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!