Author Topic: award perkies  (Read 1087 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: award perkies
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 09:41:08 PM »
they want perks give them perks but also count it as a death.  or a ditch if they abandon their post before the fite is over :)  that includes giving the enemy a proxy kill.   :eek:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:31 AM »
From what I can see perks are a direct result of the skill required to get a kill, multiplied by risk of death.

Field and ships guns take very little if any skill, and no risk. Someone  kills the gun emplacement you don't even get a death, just back to the tower.

If and only if, HT puts your icon over a gun, so a player flying by can see which one to kill first.
If and only if, that gun is then destroyed, and the player gets a death.
Then and only then should people get perks for kills in that gun.

You want perks, jump in a plane or tank, and earn em.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »
I just dont see much difference in shooting from a flak gun, a tank, or a lot of other guns, from shooting from a field gun. Whats the difference? No matter what your shooting your doing exactly the same thing.

I said at the beginning deaths would also have to be recorded with kills/perkies.

Killing an airplane with a deflection shot from a 37mm field gun is far,far harder then spritzing one with a 4 cannon wirbel. Or a 2 barreled Osti. And its many times harder then running a 4 cannon fighter up and down a runway killing taxi'ing airplanes. Or sitting on a spawn with your lazer sighted steroid-Sherman. But you are awarded perkies for all those aren't you?  :headscratch:

So much for the skill argument. :) So much for "earning".

Yaknow no matter what little cartoon gun your shooting your doing the same thing. As in sitting in your jam-jams, at home, jerking a little plastic trigger on a little plastic joystick. As long as deaths are awarded along with kills what does it matter what gun perks are awarded for? Pretty much the only argument I'm hearing is, "I dont want nobody shooting at my cartoon airplane". :lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:06:55 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »
Pretty much the only argument I'm hearing is, "I dont want nobody shooting at my cartoon airplane". :lol

You must be reading a different thread.  Those that have stated their opposition have clearly said they are against it because there is no real risk for manning a field or CV gun.  No risk equals no reward.  No one has even remotely claimed "I don't want nobody shooting at my cartoon airplane."  Nice job on the theatrics though.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:18:44 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
Your reward would be....  get your name in lights with two kills or better, as seems to be the case with most people in here. To coin a phrase I've used in the past on a few people "two and through". IMO, the system is fine where it is.Now, let's start a thread on getting perks for assists. :aok

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
Im afraid to post my opinion.  :uhoh
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
Gun position perk points were formerly awarded in the GV category. It was removed for they very reason that you could sit in a 5" gun under a furball for ten minutes, let the ship sink, and walk away with a Tiger and your name in lights.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 03:17:39 AM »
Fighters don't get perks for killing the guns (assuming they score as fighter), so why should you for shooting them down?
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us