Author Topic: When ENY gets you DOWN, what do you UP?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: When ENY gets you DOWN, what do you UP?
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 09:39:07 PM »
Woops, didn't realize it was 20. Did that change from 15 to 20 with the last great ENY change?

I like the plane, fly it a lot, but the main weakness (and it's a fairly big one) is poor visibility. Poor dive doesn't help either and neither do poor ballistics, especially for the MA environment.

The fact that the tater is one-shot lethal and that the 109K is both fast enough and maneuverable enough to saddle up right on alot of airplane's tailpipes (The omnipresent P-51s for instance) makes up for the ballistics deficiencies.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
The fact that the tater is one-shot lethal and that the 109K is both fast enough and maneuverable enough to saddle up right on alot of airplane's tailpipes (The omnipresent P-51s for instance) makes up for the ballistics deficiencies.
Well not only are the ballistics marginal, but so are the bullet spread and ammo load on the tater. It's the combination of these three traits which makes it a difficult gun to learn - long time of flight/low muzzle velocity, low ammo load/firing time, and dispersion pattern.

It's definitely not my first choice among the available 109 guns packages. I think you even mentioned you prefer the 152 because it's almost 50% extra ammo on the tater - the extra rounds make a huge difference because one is less afraid to take longer snapshots for fear of wasting the precious few available taters.

I'm not really arguing about the ENY (hey, I thought it was at 15), but the 109K does have its deficiencies. Fortunately they suit my flying/fighting style and don't detract from it much.
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »
I switch to the side with lower numbers.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »
I switch to the side with lower numbers.

This always works!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »
Manned Ack

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2009, 10:53:34 AM »
I die spectacularly in any plane, ENY makes no difference.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.