Author Topic: Question....  (Read 2318 times)

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
Re: Question....
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »
i would like to see a rotation of real world maps..ie ETO and PTO that would liven it up a little bit at least for a while and who knows with real maps maybe the overall strategy would change or maybe not but none the less real maps would be neat.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:15 PM »
just weird to me that someone who hasn't been in the DA for 10 years would compare it to the MA.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
WOW what the heck i pressed Post Once  LOL
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 03:04:59 PM »
Yall ever notice it's the same few that are so disappointed in the game that they can't leave?  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 03:09:23 PM »
Yall ever notice it's the same few that are so disappointed in the game that they can't leave?  :D
You're tired old 'love it or leave it' mantra is a really selfish philosophy, but it's yours, thank god.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
Everytime I ruin some underwear (mine or theirs) I feel that I have accomplished something.  
:rofl :bolt:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »
You're tired old 'love it or leave it' mantra is a really selfish philosophy, but it's yours, thank god.

Well what do you expect when your every post is just bickering like an old lady. If your unhappy... leaving is the only thing I can think of that might help. Of course maybe your just an unhappy person. In which case I suggest folks around you just hide their guns and knives.

You can always ignore my posts if you think it might impede on your terrible feelings for the game. Heaven forbid you ever post anything positive.

If you ignore me... let me know so I can go pick on steve.  :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:43:02 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
Well what do you expect when your every post is just bickering like an old lady. If your unhappy... leaving is the only thing I can think of that might help. Of course maybe your just an unhappy person. In which case I suggest folks around you just hide their guns and knives.

You can always ignore my posts if you think it might impede on your terrible feelings for the game. Heaven forbid you ever post anything positive.

:aok IN Saved me the trouble of torching him with a flame. Thanks Shuffler.  :aok  :salute

If you're looking for someone or something to make you happy...you're on the wrong planet.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
If you're looking for someone or something to make you happy...you're on the wrong planet.
So there is truth to the old saying, 'If you want a friend, buy a dog?'

Seriously, people who are BBS tough guys tend to be generally good people while in game.

The bottom line with regards to the OP is to have fun.  We are in this game because it is how we wish to spend some of our time.  No one is forcing any of us to play.  I would not encourage anyone to leave, but it is ultimately a personal choice.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
Well I've considered what a lot of you have to say. I do enjoy AH, and the people for the most part.  And I thought about this off and on today, it actually dawn on me as I passed the typical speed trap area the state police are usually sitting in. 

When I log on and see the maps, I can look at it a remember every base where there will be a fight.  For instance Trinity map, there will always be a CV battle at 97/98, always a struggle at A5/A1/V2 CVs traveling across the maps to a field behind enemy lines.  Just like I know I need to slow down for 70 to 55 when I get close to the speed trap. 

Perhaps when the new strat system comes into the game the battles will change.  I suppose till then, perhaps I'll attempt to learn a new ride, or some more dogfighting in TBMs.  Nothing like going into a horde with the "I'm the slowest plane" banner waiving behind ya. 

<S>
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »
If you ignore me... let me know so I can go pick on steve.  :D
Why don't you, the way you and the other mooks follow me around on the board is kind of sad/creepy honestly.
The OP has a point, I have an opinion, you have a fetish apparently. Not all my posts are negative, just my retorts to your ceaseless condescention. I'd ignore you, but your fascination with me is almost flattering, gross, but flattering.

The game has slowly become a repetitive furball fest, in part, because of the exponentially increased difficulty applied to deacking and base taking, and in part because the player base has slowly shifted from team play to 'me me' players. It will be interesting to see what the new strat developments will yield for those of who play in a more teamwork oriented fashion though. The main arena used to be about the war, and a hell of alot less repetitive. Some new maps, new planes, more missions, I don't know what the solution is really, but it does seem to be alot of the same old same old lately. I can tell you what fields are being attacked right now, without even logging into the game.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
I'm waiting for that one glorious moment when you actually say something creative or at least positive about the Game.

Other than that you mean nothing at all in my book.

It is entertaining that you think so highly of yourself though.

I have much more fun throwing bubblegum wrappers at Steve.... of course, the big difference is I have respect for him and it's all in fun.
You on the other hand fail to amaze me with your constant disheartening drivel.

The main arena has never been about the war. Not in all the years I have been here. It has always been about the fight!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:12:14 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
Copr

I don't have any idea what to do to make you happy/satisfied with the game...that is my honest answer with no sarcasm intended...

As for me, I am still happy 12+ years later...

I enjoy my buddies and I play every aspect of the game with emphasis on those parts i enjoy the most....

AND I don't give a rats buttocks about anyone who tries to tell me whether what I am doing is correct or not...as long as I am having fun...
 :salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »
Copr

I don't have any idea what to do to make you happy/satisfied with the game...that is my honest answer with no sarcasm intended...

As for me, I am still happy 12+ years later...

I enjoy my buddies and I play every aspect of the game with emphasis on those parts i enjoy the most....

AND I don't give a rats buttocks about anyone who tries to tell me whether what I am doing is correct or not...as long as I am having fun...
 :salute

Falc...Sweetie...you always leave me  satisfied. Especially on Fridays!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
Falc...Sweetie...you always leave me  satisfied. Especially on Fridays!

DOH!   :lol
80th FS "Headhunters"