Author Topic: Making video, need a couple films  (Read 250 times)

Offline rough_wood

• Zinc Member
Making video, need a couple films
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »
I am making a film based off of this sound track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5JvzlE3IeQ

The layout of the video will be based on the 4 songs

1:
Damaged bombers in the distance aproaching fields
Crash landings
Crews rushing to planes (to get wounded etc)
Wounded extracted from planes
Graves/Empty Bunks

2:
Allied manning planes for next mission
Take off, form up, formation
Beautiful Tranquil sky
German radar, alarms
Men scramble planes
Take off, form up
Imminance, formations closing on eachother

3:
Action sequence
I want it to start how he does, with the slow action suddenly going to true time and showing the violence of the maneuver or merge.

4:
Turning in personal belongings(mainly pictures). Intense faces. Strapping in
Basic area for crashing, shooting, sort of marching mechanical death, coldness of war
---------------------------------
I am making this from both real footage and AH footage.

So far the main parts I need are:

Empty Bunks (I'm sure you guys know what I mean, I can't find the footage though)
Large bomber mission films (Preferably B-17)
Luftwaffe large formation films

For the action sequence, I need more clips such as very close passes when in scissors etc. Fraps and films would be great. I strongly prefer they be USA vs Luftwaffe

P-38 footage, whether it would be video or film, that would relate well to the video.
----------------------------------

I am very open to input. I have little experience editing video so any advice would be very appreciated. I may post the incomplete video on YouTube, showing the variouse clips I have in Windows Movie Maker which I have yet to clip and arrange to show the main parts I am working with.

This is a somewhat fun project. I found myself surgically damaging a cooperating bombers engines and landing gear to record their landing etc. Plus there is some great footage out there I had never seen before.

Also the part toward the end with the sound, I need it removed or I have to try to splice the original song in but the drums sound different than any version I've been able to find. Anyone know how to properly edit sound?

Thanks for the help!