Author Topic: F-14 shootdown of Libyan MiGs  (Read 2224 times)

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
F-14 shootdown of Libyan MiGs
« on: November 21, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »
I've been trying to dig up the .wav file of the F-14 shootdown of the Libyan MiGs back when we challenged Moammar's "Line of Death".  I think part of the audio was used for the opening of "Top Gun" when they're running radio chatter as the deck crew get planes in position.  Anybody have that recording?
==========

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: F-14 shootdown of Libyan MiGs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:27 PM »
Its part of the original Falcon 4.0 music.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:20:07 PM »
Ok, found it on another forum I never visit.  The links there are still good.

http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4798
==========

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
That's sweet!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
For the one I was talking about:

http://www.4shared.com/file/157033321/5cbbbdca/ui1.html

It was always funny flying a Falcon sim with an F-14 tape as the opener...
... and for the inside joke about using two Fox ones:

http://www.dosgringosrocks.com/audio/DOS_GRINGOS-Going_In_For.m3u
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:43 AM »
Sounds like the tard HO'd him then ran back to base.  :D

Seriously, pretty cool.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »
I've been trying to dig up the .wav file of the F-14 shootdown of the Libyan MiGs back when we challenged Moammar's "Line of Death".  I think part of the audio was used for the opening of "Top Gun" when they're running radio chatter as the deck crew get planes in position.  Anybody have that recording?

I think one of the F-14 pilots died when he drove off the runway at Mirmar in San Diego in a F-18 and it flipped over into a drainage ditch filled with water and he drowned. I think it was a couple of years after the shot down. I remember seeing it on TV.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:36:01 PM »
On the morning of August 19, two VF-41 "Black Aces" F-14As, "Fast Eagle 102" (CDR Henry Kleeman/LT David Venlet) and "Fast Eagle 107" (LT Lawrence Muczynski/LTJG James Anderson), were flying combat air patrol to cover aircraft engaged in a missile exercise.

On December 3, 1985, Captain Henry M. Kleemann, a U.S. Navy pilot, was killed when his F/A-18 aircraft went out of control during landing, left the runway, and overturned.

Larry Muczynski was hired by Delta with a seniority date of October 3, 1986. He's probably a pretty senior Captain now.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:54 AM »
Wow, thanks for the follow-up. I didn't know about the accident, or that the other one was now flying big iron. Interesting "where are they now" stuff.
==========