Author Topic: Troops  (Read 1326 times)

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
Re: Troops
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »

50 or 100 troops?  I think a number that would have more impact would be 10 or 20.  Normally only 1 or 2 players will launch from a CV with troops for a base capture.  
Yes i do think so too... Thx

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
Now, what would be interesting is this...

The CV has respawned from the port.  It now has a full load of troops - whether that number be 50, 100, 1000.  Once the CV sails, that's all the troops it gets.  Every time you spawn an LVT for a base capture and it gets killed, the CV loses those 10 troops.  Once you've spawned and lost enough LVT's, the CV runs out of troops - it's out to sea and babies don't grow up that fast.

Once the CV has lost its troops to the point it can't spawn an LVT with 10 troops, you have to sail back to your home port to "resupply" the CV with troops again - assuming you still own the port.  Or perhaps sail to the nearest friendly coastal base to resupply the CV troops.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
I think that's exactly what the grinch meant to say, just wasn't very clear.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »
Now, what would be interesting is this...

The CV has respawned from the port.  It now has a full load of troops - whether that number be 50, 100, 1000.  Once the CV sails, that's all the troops it gets.  Every time you spawn an LVT for a base capture and it gets killed, the CV loses those 10 troops.  Once you've spawned and lost enough LVT's, the CV runs out of troops - it's out to sea and babies don't grow up that fast.

Once the CV has lost its troops to the point it can't spawn an LVT with 10 troops, you have to sail back to your home port to "resupply" the CV with troops again - assuming you still own the port.  Or perhaps sail to the nearest friendly coastal base to resupply the CV troops.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :cheers: Yes it was like that.... Sorry my writing are bad. :salute

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
Killing troops at a port has no correspondence with how many troops/lvts can spawn from that CV. You can spawn LVTs as much as you desire from the fleet as long as it is not sunk and CV respawning. Killing troops at a port will only deny you supplies/troops to that field or any spawn that Field goes to. Killing the ORD/Ammo bunkers at a port will only deny you from having rockets/torps on your PT boats at the port's spawn

Hope this puts things into light
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
Killing troops at a port has no correspondence with how many troops/lvts can spawn from that CV. You can spawn LVTs as much as you desire from the fleet as long as it is not sunk and CV respawning. Killing troops at a port will only deny you supplies/troops to that field or any spawn that Field goes to. Killing the ORD/Ammo bunkers at a port will only deny you from having rockets/torps on your PT boats at the port's spawn

Hope this puts things into light
But there are some ports that do not spawn in to another bases

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »
Then use a C47(goon).  Gezz it's not that complicated. :rolleyes:

Your squad proclaims themselves to be the number 1 base taking squad. Try annoying, I mean asking them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 04:40:08 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »
Then use a C47(goon).  Gezz it's not that complicated. :rolleyes:

Your squad proclaims themselves to be the number 1 base taking squad. Try annoying, I mean asking them.
:rofl :rofl
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »

:x
 :banana:

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 01:31:53 AM »

:aok Oh my god YOU ARE RIGHT...  :old:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:33:38 AM by The Grinch »

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's Marine not marine
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"