Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15361 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »
I'm an alcoholic   :D :cheers:

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »
Tried using Xcalibur when I first joined, and it was unavailable. So, I used an AOL email address abbreviation for Xcalibur Collectibles, LTD = XcalCo1

Joined the Hell Hounds (The Originals) and used XcalCo1 until the split of the squad.

Retooled the name into Xtrepid (Play on Intrepid... doh), and loved shooting down "Xcelsior" in his P38 with the "Old Osti"   :cheers:

X  :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
At least tell us how to pronounce it correctly.  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:25 AM »

SKFGAlpo:  I've been Alpo since flying in AirWarriorII back in '96  (holy crap... 20 years  :joystick:).  Added the SKFG for the SkyKnights Fighter Group when we had multiple squadrons.

Upon joining AirWarrior and flying for a couple of days and having my arse handed to me repeatedly, it was apparent that my handle had to reflect my abilities.  Since I was being turned into dog meat regularly, it seemed appropriate.    :aok

(Couldn't find any of my P38 nose arts... however, I did stumble across an old scenario one where we kept our kill counts on the rudder)

SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: August 19, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

SKFGAlpo:  I've been Alpo since flying in AirWarriorII back in '96  (holy crap... 20 years  :joystick:).  Added the SKFG for the SkyKnights Fighter Group when we had multiple squadrons.

Upon joining AirWarrior and flying for a couple of days and having my arse handed to me repeatedly, it was apparent that my handle had to reflect my abilities.  Since I was being turned into dog meat regularly, it seemed appropriate.    :aok

(Couldn't find any of my P38 nose arts... however, I did stumble across an old scenario one where we kept our kill counts on the rudder)

(Image removed from quote.)
I've got some of my old profiles were we kept score on the nose (flying allies of course). I miss those big old scenarios
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »
Doesn't the glass chip your teeth?

It took 7 years, but somebody finally got it!!!  :banana:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla