Author Topic: How'd you get your game ID?  (Read 15519 times)

Offline pitbull

• Zinc Member
Re: How'd you get your game ID?
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »
When I started playing (3 years ago, I was 15 then) I thought that there would be no way to change my name once I picked one, so I wanted a good one (now I know you can just call up HTC and ask for a new one). I couldn't think of any names since every one I tried was taken: Hotshot, Ace, Maverick, etc etc (I was 15 I thought they were cool names  :D ). Sitting there thinking I noticed my dads Beer bottle sitting on the table (betcha you can't guess what kind it was!  :P ), and saw a name on the back. Never thought once about changing it.  :salute
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Rolling rock   

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
I have no idea where I came up with mine.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »

It is original.   :D
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

bet your mommy thought it up for you   :D

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
It's actually what my Mates have been calling me for 15 years or more, kind of a contraction of my name and surname :)
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline jimmyz484

• Zinc Member
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 02:57:12 AM »
When i signed into wbs2 the first time you needed 6 letters. I probably spent about half an hour trying to think up a cool name when i noticed an old t-shirt sitting on the floor by the desk that i had from my junior high skateboarding days. It was my JimmyZ surfer shirt. It was bright yellow with an old woody wagon with the surf board rack on top parked on a beach. My first name is James but everyone's always called me Jimmy, so i went with it. When they closed down the wbs2 arena i kicked around in wbs3 for a while but it wouldn't let me log in as jimmyz, so i was jimboz over there. Got bored and came here and i'm jimmyz again. I have no idea what happened to that shirt, probably lost it in a move somewhere along the way. :old:
Sure the meek will inherit the earth, the rest of us are going to Valhalla!

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 04:33:41 AM »
Used to DJ under the name JimmyC
thought I`d stick with it here
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2009, 05:12:22 AM »
coupla days into my 2 weeks and I happened to run into a low lanc in my Hurri I, used all my .303 blasting away at its tail with not much effect then remembered a BoB story I'd heard, so grabbed a little alt and dived on its tail using my wing to slice it off :D  did a little googling and found the name of the pilot so ...

Sgt. R T Holmes

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »

Har har har

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2009, 07:12:38 AM »
Well , When I teach some one to shoot I try to take the Flinch out when they pull the trigger by adding fake rounds so that give me the idea of flench that I took because the right way to spell it had been taking .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:46 AM »
<======hmm i wonder
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Barrett

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »
Bonden is a character in Patrick O'Brien's Aubrey/Maturin series novels - Barrett is his first name.
BONDEN1 9GIAP VVS RKKA

_____________________________ ______________
I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here...

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
Well, I'm a member of the Sky Knights squad, hence the "SK", and, my first name is really "John".  That makes it easy for me to recognize that I'm being spoken to when I receive a check 6, etc.  Not very original, but easy to remember. . .

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »
I have no clue what R-105 means. The game was set up by a friend of my daughter on our home computer a few years back. I took the game over  and just kept the name.

R-105

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »
coupla days into my 2 weeks and I happened to run into a low lanc in my Hurri I, used all my .303 blasting away at its tail with not much effect then remembered a BoB story I'd heard, so grabbed a little alt and dived on its tail using my wing to slice it off :D  did a little googling and found the name of the pilot so ...

Sgt. R T Holmes

(Image removed from quote.)

You stinkin RAMMER! LOL!  :lol

Actually RT, that's pretty cool. I remember that exact story, having read that account on Geoff Nutkins' website. I have a bit of his BoB artwork hanging here in my office. My son has "Clifftop Chase" hanging in his room. The courage and absolute determination shown by those guys is difficult for the average person to grasp.  :salute

Mine is pretty simple, and a bit cheezy. Obviously I liked the imagery of the "grim reaper"....

And my race cars have always been number 90.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey