Author Topic: Surviving the MA lonewolf  (Read 6122 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Surviving the MA lonewolf
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2009, 12:59:52 PM »
Heres the thing people don't realize...flying, shooting, and situational ASSESSMENT aren't all the same skill.

Success in the MA is more about the latter two than the kind flying skill that can make someone a feared duellist, quite honestly. Even if you are a real hair-afire plunge into a sea-of-red type furballer, your success at that will be largely based on being able to kill that bandit who just made a mistake and got in front of your 3/9 *instantly*, instead of having to chase him around for awhile during which time you get picked.

these are words of wisdom,
   many times (pretty much every sortie) I am being attacked by a multitude of cons, I fire on every one of them but cant hit, eventually they get me, I am not pissed at the gang, I am pissed at myself for not being able to kill when the opportunity presents itself, after more then 5 years I still cant hit, but yet I have fought upwards to 7-10 cons for over 5 min, or longer, yes there are days that for some reason I hit good and have taken out a crap load of cons attacking me but those days are very rare and far in between,
 I have come to realize that no matter how well I can "merge" or avoid the nme cons shots, or guess an nme cons E-state accurately,
none of that will do me any good if I cant kill when he is in my gun solution. 

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
I have another pice of advice for lone wolf players. Its kinda hooked into the "practice escape evasives" thing.

Try to stay at an alt where you actually have some decent speed. If your alt for top speed is at 12K then try staying around that alt. I'm not saying fly perfectly strait and rely on HO's to get kills, but don't blow all your alt to get 3 guys. The exception to this rule is if your flying a plane without a whole lot of speed anywhere. In that case, fight when it suits you: if you get introuble, then you have no one to bail you out.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2009, 12:22:52 AM »
I have another pice of advice for lone wolf players. Its kinda hooked into the "practice escape evasives" thing.

Try to stay at an alt where you actually have some decent speed. If your alt for top speed is at 12K then try staying around that alt. I'm not saying fly perfectly strait and rely on HO's to get kills, but don't blow all your alt to get 3 guys. The exception to this rule is if your flying a plane without a whole lot of speed anywhere. In that case, fight when it suits you: if you get introuble, then you have no one to bail you out.

Hmmm If you are way the heck up at 12k, how would you get kills?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve