Author Topic: Troops  (Read 1374 times)

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
Troops
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »
Ok.
I have a question.

When you take down the troops barrage at one base, then you cant spawn troops into that base you want to capture.
What about if you take down the troops at a portbase then.
Then you cant spawn troops from the CV that belongs to that port.
Or. When the troops barrage are down, you can only spawn 50 or 100 troops from that CV. 

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: Troops
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:02:23 AM »
     I'm not real clear on what you are saying, but it sounds like you'd like it harder to capture bases. As far as the CV thing, ports are generally remote and without a CV there to help defend it would be too easy to take. Sound of the best captures are those port setups with the CV offshore and you have the pound the resupplying LVTs to get it.

~AoM~

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
    I'm not real clear on what you are saying, but it sounds like you'd like it harder to capture bases. As far as the CV thing, ports are generally remote and without a CV there to help defend it would be too easy to take. Sound of the best captures are those port setups with the CV offshore and you have the pound the resupplying LVTs to get it.
If you take down the troops at a port base. Then the CV that belongs to that port can only spawn 50 to 100 troops.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:00:05 AM by The Grinch »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:30:43 AM »
No the cv has its own troops, They're called marines  :D. They will continue to spawn even if the troops at the port is down. when the troops at the port are down, you just can't get troops to adjoining spawns without resupplying the port! I hope this helps, and a little punctuation would be helpful to get your point across.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:22 AM »
No the cv has its own troops, They're called marines  :D. They will continue to spawn even if the troops at the port is down. when the troops at the port are down, you just can't get troops to adjoining spawns without resupplying the port! I hope this helps, and a little punctuation would be helpful to get your point across.
Oh.. i see... you are a smart one.... By the way.... the marines of yours. Well here comes a secret. Our Hunter squad sent the marines and the seals from Norway back to America.... Thay are not that good.... :x

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »
Look mate, a little advice here, coming from a neutral party who has no quarrel with EITHER of you.

It doesn't do to come on the board, as a question then when someone helps you, to start making smart alec comments thats just going to annoy everyone.

He made a comment. Punctuation is a good thing to use. It makes you sound more grown up. Now you could be 15, or you could be 50 behind that computer screen of yours. Personally I dont really care. But if you type with no punctuation and then start mouthing off, people will take you for being 12. Respect here is reasonably hard to gain, and to get it, you have to respect those who already have it.

Jaeger went on about the marines. We have one or two vets about here, maybe one or two from the marines. Maybe its better not to go on and say 'They're not that Good!' when those men took the Pacific. Jaeger wasn't on about  the men themselves, but explaining why taking the troops down at the port wouldn't effect the troops on board the CV. He wasn't meaning it as an insult to you.

Now, as I said, I have no quarrel, im just going to try and help you out. Best of luck  :aok
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:33:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure the American marines would be happy to go up against any country's squads and test out whether or not they are good. :salute
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »
Look mate, a little advice here, coming from a neutral party who has no quarrel with EITHER of you.

It doesn't do to come on the board, as a question then when someone helps you, to start making smart alec comments thats just going to annoy everyone.

He made a comment. Punctuation is a good thing to use. It makes you sound more grown up. Now you could be 15, or you could be 50 behind that computer screen of yours. Personally I don't really care. But if you type with no punctuation and then start mouthing off, people will take you for being 12. Respect here is reasonably hard to gain, and to get it, you have to respect those who already have it.

Jaeger went on about the marines. We have one or two vets about here, maybe one or two from the marines. Maybe its better not to go on and say 'They're not that Good!' when those men took the Pacific. Jaeger wasn't on about the men themselves, but explaining why taking the troops down at the port wouldn't effect the troops on board the CV. He wasn't meaning it as an insult to you.

Now, as I said, I have no quarrel, I'm just going to try and help you out. Best of luck  :aok
Thx... But i do NOT need any learning when it comes to writing. I did a mistake, and some just need to point that out. I came with a question, not how I'm writing.... Some needs to read between the lines and try to answer, and not tell someone when something is wrong.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure the American marines would be happy to go up against any country's squads and test out whether or not they are good. :salute

Yes they would.. They need to show the world who's the best ;)

But that was not my question.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
You know mate, Im trying to help. If you attack me when im trying to help, then your beyond hope. I suppose thats what I get for thinking that MAYBE there may be some good people on this board, caus theres less and less of them showing their faces.

I wash my hands.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:47:52 AM »
You know mate, Im trying to help. If you attack me when im trying to help, then your beyond hope. I suppose thats what I get for thinking that MAYBE there may be some good people on this board, caus theres less and less of them showing their faces.

I wash my hands.
I'm not attacking you. Because I'm from Norway explains alot when it comes to writing. There are some missunderstanding.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:52:55 AM by The Grinch »

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »
If you take down the troops at a port base. Then the CV that belongs to that port can only spawn 50 to 100 troops.

So what you are saying is if there are no troops at the coressponding port, then limit the ability of the CV right?

Same as if you pork ORD at the coresponding port, limit the ord available at the CV? 
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »
I'm not attacking you. Because I'm from Norway explains alot when it comes to writing. There are some missunderstanding.

The Grinch is from Norway?  Welcome... :airplane:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »
The Grinch is from Norway?  Welcome... :airplane:
Thx mate :cheers:

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »

Or. When the troops barrage are down, you can only spawn 50 or 100 troops from that CV. 

50 or 100 troops?  I think a number that would have more impact would be 10 or 20.  Normally only 1 or 2 players will launch from a CV with troops for a base capture.  
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors