Author Topic: Center stick?  (Read 4562 times)

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
Re: Center stick?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
I know, MAJOR lousy photo... But every time I get a camera in front of that big screen, the camera just goes goofy.. Tried everything to make it come out, no way, LOL!!!  Must be something to do with the LCD vs Digital cam... Its either, way overexposed, or dark... Never have been able to figure that one out!!!
(Image removed from quote.)

Holy cow!!!
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
I know, MAJOR lousy photo... But every time I get a camera in front of that big screen, the camera just goes goofy.. Tried everything to make it come out, no way, LOL!!!  Must be something to do with the LCD vs Digital cam... Its either, way overexposed, or dark... Never have been able to figure that one out!!!

You are sitting WAY TOO CLOSE.   That looks like at least a 37", if so you should be about 8 feet from it.  

Edit:  The more I look at it, that appears to be a 42" LCD.   You should be 10-12ft away from it to start for better depth perception.   Being THAT close to the TV will only hurt your vision and your skill set.   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:58:17 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 02:22:26 PM »
Its 47in, 120hz LG, LOL..... Its OK, LCD's aren't like the old CRT's, no electron guns shootin at a phosfor screen and your eyes... I sit at just the right point, where the ingame inst panel is just in front of my knees... Gotta love that 1 to 1 visual scale, huh? :D   Lifesize canopy frame, without zoom, means everthing else is Lifesize as well...  I use TrackIR5, and its as close as you can get to looking out thru a real C205 canopy... My targets are lifesize too... :D  SUPER SWEET!!!  Love that realistic visual perspective!!! I plan on adding a matrox TH2go, and 2 more 47inchers as well.. In due time, that will give me a lifesized panoramic view... Its BETTER BY FAR!!! Not worse!!!  No Icons needed for target ID, judging distance is easy too.. NO ZOOM!!!
Because everything looks as it SHOULD!!!!  Not dinky little specks, on a dinky little screen!!!

This is why I've been waiting so anxiously for the G940!!!!  Works just perfect for this!!!!
With realistic FFB, it is AWESOME!!!

It's all about bringing the HTC gameworld up to realworld scale... Definately worth the investment!!!

Once you go big, you'll never go back!!!
Hmmmm, maybe thats why my wife and girlfriend both love me so much, LOL!!! :devil
RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »
Its 47in, 120hz LG, LOL..... Its OK, LCD's aren't like the old CRT's, no electron guns shootin at a phosfor screen and your eyes... I sit at just the right point, where the ingame inst panel is just in front of my knees... Gotta love that 1 to 1 visual scale, huh? :D   Lifesize canopy frame, without zoom, means everthing else is Lifesize as well...  I use TrackIR5, and its as close as you can get to looking out thru a real C205 canopy... My targets are lifesize too... :D  SUPER SWEET!!!  Love that realistic visual perspective!!! I plan on adding a matrox TH2go, and 2 more 47inchers as well.. In due time, that will give me a lifesized panoramic view... Its BETTER BY FAR!!! Not worse!!!  No Icons needed for target ID, judging distance is easy too.. NO ZOOM!!!
Because everything looks as it SHOULD!!!!  Not dinky little specks, on a dinky little screen!!!

This is why I've been waiting so anxiously for the G940!!!!  Works just perfect for this!!!!

It's all about bringing the HTC gameworld up to realworld scale... Definately worth the investment!!!

Hmmmm, maybe thats why my wife and girlfriend both love me so much, LOL!!! :devil
RC

Yeah the g940 looks awesome.

Here's a video from one of the developers: http://blog.logitech.com/2009/09/23/logitech-flight-system-g940-tips-and-tricks-part-i/
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »

RC

hmm no icon means you get killed alot. All planes on all sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
Shuff, I didn't say that they weren't needed at all.... If I meant that, I would have written that... But, Then again, I guess it's my mistake for not remembering, that some require that any poster must redundantly state the blatently OBVIOUS on this BB!!! LOL!!!

I get killed, and get kills, just like everybody else... What diff does it make, I'm not bleedin!!! LOL!!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
after an all day session, your arm and shoulder will thank you for using the side stick an the arm rest.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
Yes I have been looking at the G940 also.  In fact just ordered it.  It worried about reliability get it from Best Buy on line then get the extended warranty from the store.

As for center or side.  Side of course.  Having served in the second Battalion in the Army to field the Bradley Fighting Vehicle I am use to the commanders hand station which is a Joystick mounted to the Commanders right.  Old habits are hard to break.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »
My plane has a yolk

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »
My plane has a yolk

Gimme some toast with that yolk!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
Just curious.. What do you prefer, and actually use?
Center stick, (WWII style, between the knees)?  Or, side stick, (Jet fighter style)?

Just switched over to center stick... Still getting used to it, but definately like it so far!!!

RC

For flight sims (such as AH2) I prefer side stick
For real life I think I prefer center stick
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »
My plane has a yolk

Look.  Vintage 1945 Zip Ties.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »
Center stick :rock
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »
My plane has a yolk

I thought all bombers had yokes. :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
For a joystick to be used centrally, it would have to be rotated anti-clockwise for maximum comfort. This isn’t the case with most Joysticks.

that's funny you say that, my X-52 twisty is Broke(go figure) and now sits pointing in between 10 and 11 o'clock.  before I got the peddles I was always unintentionally inputting some left rudder, never have that issue now :D

and not to hijack, but you should know where my stick sits from above comment :neener: