Author Topic: Capt Bill Whisner's "Princess Elizabeth"  (Read 2465 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Capt Bill Whisner's "Princess Elizabeth"
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 02:24:11 AM »
Did a little more work to it tonight, increased the opac on the panel lines and rivets, added some light scratches t othe painted wing surfaces, raise wing filets, added some shading to panel by the exhuast stub (can't believe I forgot that on the earlier on), iden stripe on the tail, changed tail number to actual "Princess Elizabeth" listed number, added some light scratches on engine panel to signify R & R, and some shading differences added to the blue areas.   I also added a small white light to the leading edge of the wing, but really wish the light was modeled in.  I'm sure I'll update some more things as my search for more pictures continues.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »
Looking good!  I really like the look of the panel section just under the cockpit.

I've started adding scratches to everything - painted or bare metal.   Have you checked out Fester's tutorial on panel shading to simulate the metal deformation where the rivets attach the skin to the frame?   

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
Outstanding work, Copr! Your 51B is coming to life!  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »
One little nit pick, just because I made the same mistake on a 51 profile I did.  The white bars on the star and bar indent on to the blue circle just a little bit.  I messed it up on the fuselage roundels in the profile below.  The wing star and bar is correct and shows the indent of the white on to the blue.

It's an easy mistake to make.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »
Dan, you made that profile? I will try adjust it to correspond (I got my star and bar from a sim paint website)
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 11:58:55 PM »
Dan, you made that profile? I will try adjust it to correspond (I got my star and bar from a sim paint website)

It's my 51C :)  I've got templates made for all the Merlin Mustang models.  I tweak em as I find out what I've screwed up on.  I haven't fixed the star and bar on the templates yet :)

Some blue nosers I did for fun.  First real warbird I ever got close to was an unrestored P51C so I'm kinda partial to that version of the Merlin Mustang

Early Pre-D-Day markings.  These are fictional btw.  Just doing em for fun.

October 44 or so.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:22 AM »
Thats pretty cool Dan.  The first warbird I ever head and seen was a razorback pony (I was 12 or 13).  I'm now 29 and I can still hear the Merlin in my head.  They truely are my favorite airplane of all time.  Been working on a off-line skin just for me, kind of how I would have painted my 51 if I was around then. Something I can use for my personal practice.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver