Author Topic: New cities look fantastic  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: New cities look fantastic
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »
People will soon learn NOT to defend that particular base at all. It will be a free capture :) ... and the city will fly to safety.
Soon after that the attackers will learn to avoid capturing it... the Deserted Ghost Base  :devil

Aww come on cynical or what?  

So they don't defend it,  they lose the city.  all bases attached to that city lose the zone benefits and make it easier for the enemy to carry on steam rolling that country.   If this update was designed to promote teamwork / objectives what is the point on a large map when the thing vanishes soon as you've taken a large portion of enemy territory!  

maybe  i'm missing the big picture and what HT deems we will get out of this.   Only thing i see for bomber drivers is a big waste of time  :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:31:55 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2009, 06:45:59 AM »
maybe  i'm missing the big picture and what HT deems we will get out of this.   Only thing i see for bomber drivers is a big waste of time

Maybe HTC should extend the time of field strat regain time ....to make the point of defending the New Strat system.   :neener:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:20 AM »
Maybe HTC should extend the time of field strat regain time ....to make the point of defending the New Strat system.   :neener:

Just install Spit factories that are destroyable like we had in AW.

They will DEFINATELY be defended then. And with a vengance.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2009, 07:37:40 AM »

I absolutely doubt this. Most players will never bother to climb to 30k for 15mins to defend that area, and Spit drivers in particular aren't very patient or determined anyway...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »
Just install Spit factories that are destroyable like we had in AW.

Maybe bombing the fighter factories could raise(lower?) the ENY of those planes.  Usually, those flyers would just get less perks per sortie from the higher ENY, but watch out if the underdogs manage to bomb the stacked team's factories!  Those planes might suddenly be banned due to the ENY restrictions!  :D

It might be a way to let the losing, under-staffed team try to swing the balance back around...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »
Bluak, you are missing the picture.

all bases attached to that city lose the zone benefits

There are no longer zones supplied by a complex. All fields currently owned by your country are supplied by the active complex.

The only reason the city moves is to prevent extremely short run bombing.

HiTech

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
Hitech, do you ever see allowing GVs to fight in the cities? 

Seems like there's some fun ground-based gameplay hidden in there somewhere...  some kind of objectives to be taken by the opposing team or something.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »
GuyNoir, No I do not see GV play in the complex, simply because of the milking of strat targets the GV's could do.

But using the same objects there could be other cities added with no strategic value for GV's to play in.

HiTech

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »
Video of the new strat system, Youtube Stream in HD.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,279363.0.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:28:17 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »
Blauk, you are missing the picture.

There are no longer zones supplied by a complex. All fields currently owned by your country are supplied by the active complex.

Cc, thanks for clarification :)

I was under the impression that the whole country was just one zone and that this one and same city would affect the whole country, regardless of whether it was closer to front or having "flown" to the back lines.

Actually it is still unclear to me if this evacuation is just a figure of speech or a concrete visual thing. Is it so that only the capability of support moves to another city which is located at the back, or does the front line city actually disappear and reappear at back lines? (I have not played the new version yet)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »
HiTech,

Strats are moved back too large of a distance on the bigger maps, I don't think I have ever been that deep into enemy territory after the MA was split.

I was looking forward to having epic battles over the new strats on a daily occurrence, I don't see that happening anytime soon on the bigger maps.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:58:00 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »
But using the same objects there could be other cities added with no strategic value for GV's to play in.

Ah... well, dropping a city object on top of a couple of vehicle bases sounds like a good time to me...  :)

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
HiTech,

Strats are moved back to large of a distance on the bigger maps, I don't think I have ever been that deep into enemy territory after the MA was split.

I was looking forward to having epic battles over the new strats on a daily occurrence, I don't see that happening anytime soon on the bigger maps.

have to agree here HT, I was on yesterday and the rooks city had moved back but it was just so far back that it would have been next to impossible to even get close to the thing.   I does start in a great spot just far enough back to stop the casual score padding and the defenders easily have enough time to get up to defend.   Maybe a 3 stage hop would be a little better, depending on the map of course.

Overall I have to say I really like this, for the first time in months I actually got out of bed and felt like flying the sky's of AH with a big cup of coffee in hand. :)   Good job HTC

Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »
  have to agree here HT, I was on yesterday and the rooks city had moved back but it was just so far back that it would have been next to impossible to even get close to the thing.   I does start in a great spot just far enough back to stop the casual score padding and the defenders easily have enough time to get up to defend.   Maybe a 3 stage hop would be a little better, depending on the map of course.

Overall I have to say I really like this, for the first time in months I actually got out of bed and felt like flying the sky's of AH with a big cup of coffee in hand. :)   Good job HTC

Agree as well on these points. Strat needs to made convenient, but not too convenient. Overall, I like the concept. It just needs some adjusting.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"