Author Topic: B29 Apathy  (Read 619 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
B29 Apathy
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »
I wish that people didn't care about the B29, I don't care if we get it or not, just as long as we keep getting new planes I dont care about anything except my beer has to be cold.       :old:     :old:
 :cheers:
 :bolt:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: B29 Apathy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:51:26 PM »
DIVERSITY!  That what we need in the A/C set from as many countries that had A/C that seen action int he war.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:20 AM »
Im all for the B-29 but there are other planes I would like to see in also. I would like to see the HE-111 and the Beaufighter. I would like to see more Spits and P-38s and P-51s and other things too.

The only thing I can see the B-29 bringing in is more survival on those long range missions. If the maps stay the same size you could carry a very large bomb load from rear fields to forward or rear strats faster than any other bomber and owing to the 20mm + 2x.50 cals in the tail greater survival rates. Its not absolutely needed yet but it would be nice to have it and I would burn some perkies up on it.

Now if the maps grow any larger... yes absolutely we need one.  :aok

The arguments about runway lengths that I have been seeing are only valid considering full bomb and fuel loads.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »
Most guys want what they want to fly. Many dont fly bombers. Many wont even fly the niche aircraft they say they want.

The B-29 deserves to be here in every concievable way.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:20:47 PM »
The need for the B-29 just increased with the new City layout. The B-17 is the most well protected bomber in the game, but it lacks the bomb load needed to put a hurt on the enemy strats. The Lancaster has the bomb carrying capacity, but it greatly lacks in the defensive firepower and speed needed for that dangerous of flight. The b-24 is the middle man right now, but liberators suck  :D

With all of the country's vital organs all centered around one huge city located deep behind enemy lines, this calls for a high alt, long range, heavily armored and armed flying powerhouse! IMO those cities were designed perfectly to be raided by large formations of B-29s.

But I'm not complainin about why the superfortress hasn't been coded yet. I can see all of the pros and con's with having that powerful of a bomber that could bring imbalance the game. Until that time though, We'll just have to forge on with the great bombers we got.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »
This is my complaint, and Chalange this is not directed at you, just the idea you propose which has been brought up before.

Why is it that folks say we don't need the B29 because we have the Lancaster, but yet turn around and say we need the 410 or another P51, P40, P38, 109, 190, Zeke, insert fighter that already has 2-3 versions of itself here. Bomber pilots have a very small group of planes to choose from, and they only have 1 perk plane to fly. Heck GV drivers have 3 different perk tanks to drive.

The new city strats are PERFECT for the B29 due to the distances you have to fly to get to them.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
Why is it that folks say we don't need the B29 because we have the Lancaster, but yet turn around and say we need the 410 or another P51, P40, P38, 109, 190, Zeke, insert fighter that already has 2-3 versions of itself here.
The only 'folks' that say that are Challenge... :noid :D

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »
Lol... your nose is growing.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »
I think the whole idea of the new strat system was designed for the introduction of the B29.

Heavily perked of course.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
Most of you here know at one time I was firmly in the "NO B29 FOR YOU" camp.  Well...  things have changed a little.  Personally, I doesn't matter much to me one way or the other.  I think the fears people have of the B-29 destroying game play are a little over the top.  HTC is not going to introduce any aircraft into the game in a way that unbalances anything... so I think everyone who IS worried about that, can stop.

If the B29 is brought in, it will be done in a way that adds to the game... not takes away from it.  Yes... they may have to modify or add a new type of airfield.  Yes, they would most likely perk the snot out of it. 

As far as defensive capability, it isnt much better than the bombers we have now, so fighters are still going to tear them up if they know how to attack a bomber (not on the 6 of the bomber guys... I do enjoy killing all of you "6 O Clockers"... but come on... learn form your mistakes!)  And, to get the B-29 to its optimum altitude is going to take time and patience.  I dont see a lot of that in the MA's... so you will see the B-29 being used in low to mid level raids, where it is more vulnerable.

Will they add the nuke? No... that's just silly.  No no one needs to be afraid of that either. 

Are there other planes that need to be added first?  Sure... but that is a matter of opinion, which these forums are full of.  But I personally don't think we will see the B-29 anytime soon.

Anyway.... my point is.  All the wishing (or anti-wishing) on these forums is not going to make a difference in when, or if, the B-29 is brought into the game.  They know there are folks who want it, and they know there are those who dont.  They have heard all the arguments for... and against... the B-29.  That horse has long since been beaten into tiny little chunks.

Will we get it?  Who knows?  But if we do... I think it will be done in a way that will make the game better.... not worse.

So... It looks like I am firing the "Soup Nazi".  Anyone who wants to use him, please... feel free.  He's gonna need a job, and I am sure that despite any attempt to stop the B-29 Wish Posts, there will be another one along shortly.

Here he is one last time from me:

***G3-MF***

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
We don't need a B-29! All everyone we do is nuke the spawn battles! Btw where is that little cartoon? :lol

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
We don't need a B-29! All everyone we do is nuke the spawn battles! Btw where is that little cartoon? :lol

Why must you include the word "nuke" with B-29?  Just because we drop two atomic bombs doesn't mean that all the B-29 carried.   
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 03:19:15 PM »
Why must you include the word "nuke" with B-29?  Just because we drop two atomic bombs doesn't mean that all the B-29 carried.   
Well I guess your right.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 09:30:06 AM »
I will smack you hard if you ever speak about my girlfriend like that again!!!   :lol

The b-24 is the middle man right now, but liberators suck  :D

The B24 is the most dangerous bomber we have.  (or maybe it's just my gunnery)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline The Grinch

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »
I wish that people didn't care about the B29, I don't care if we get it or not, just as long as we keep getting new planes I dont care about anything except my beer has to be cold.       :old:     :old:
 :cheers:
 :bolt:

beer has to be cold. :cheers:   :D