Author Topic: Plane vs Plane Tactics (Matchups)  (Read 30420 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Plane vs Plane Tactics (Matchups)
« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »
i'm guessing thor doesn't even want to fight a noname such as myself in here?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: December 17, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
I find this is easiest to do if you convince the N1K to stay fast.  Make him think you want to get away, so he's in "gotta keep up" mode.  Then set him up for an overshoot.  You'll be slower than him, and easily turn inside him.  You'll be near your best turn rate, and he'll probably be above his...

Once you get behind him, kill him quick, or things will get nasty, and quick.  Pressure him enough to get him to squirm, and let him make a mistake or two.  As soon as you realize things are no longer going in your favor, you need to be ready to exit and reset.  Don't wait until you're obviously losing; that'll be too late.  As soon as you're no longer gaining, think "exit!"  I like to do that at a point in the fight where I'm nose down, and he's nose up.  That let's me get a bit of a head start to build speed.  It probably won't matter at that point though, he'll still probably catch you; which is exactly what you want.  Once again, you want him to think he needs to chase you down quickly before you get away.  Pull your overshoot move, and try to shoot him again...  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Here's a clip I posted in another thread-

http://www.4shared.com/file/173259319/6212f19a/DREDLOCK_190D9_BRD_and_RatCH_N.html

Good advice, but not what I was looking for.  I just did not expect the F4U to do that and was wondering what the numbers behind it were.  It seemed that it was the plane doing the work and not me.  You know, like jumping in a Zero pulling the stick and claiming you out turned the other guy lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »
Ahhh, Krusty is a math teacher in Texas?

5 krustys
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #423 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »
Good advice, but not what I was looking for.  I just did not expect the F4U to do that and was wondering what the numbers behind it were.  It seemed that it was the plane doing the work and not me.  You know, like jumping in a Zero pulling the stick and claiming you out turned the other guy lol

?  Are you in there flapping your arms or something?
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
?  Are you in there flapping your arms or something?

Does it help?

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #425 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
Does it help?

Can't hurt.  Good for the old circulation, what. 
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
Does it help?

But if a fly is in your plane, does the planes weight change if the fly is sitting or flying?

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
But if a fly is in your plane, does the planes weight change if the fly is sitting or flying?

HiTech

What's the last thing to go through a bugs mind as he hits the canopy.......

His Arse!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »

HiTech

Ohh crap, I had an argument with my physics professor for days over the fly in the elevator.   :rofl

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
Ohh crap, I had an argument with my physics professor for days over the fly in the elevator.   :rofl

If there are no cameras you can zip it up while in the elevator and no one will know you forgot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2009, 03:07:35 PM »
 :rolleyes: Whenever you ask a question like this, you will always get opinions, but that is what you are asking for. So, if anybody gets bent...let them. I've only played the game for about a year and it ALL seems to be pilot skill. I've seen a guy fly an A20 and kill every aircraft you just mentioned. I've seen a guy fly a Lanc like a fighter and the fighter couldn't kill him. Experience, knowledge, skill, etc.. Why argue or feel insulted?  :cry
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #431 on: December 17, 2009, 03:09:16 PM »

HiTech

Ohh well, I am up for a good argument . .. . err discussion.  

No, but the weight measuring device could be effected by the wing movement, the frequency of the movement, the air going in motion etc, and show variations (if we could take measurements so small and in short time intervals.)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #432 on: December 17, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »
:rolleyes: Whenever you ask a question like this, you will always get opinions, but that is what you are asking for. So, if anybody gets bent...let them. I've only played the game for about a year and it ALL seems to be pilot skill. I've seen a guy fly an A20 and kill every aircraft you just mentioned. I've seen a guy fly a Lanc like a fighter and the fighter couldn't kill him. Experience, knowledge, skill, etc.. Why argue or feel insulted?  :cry

Hey please do not backtrack to the OP. This thread is flowing...  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »

HiTech

when i was taking my primary training, there was a bee in the cockpit one day. i didn't see him, till we had just lifted off. i have issues with bees.....found a nest the hard way when i was a kid.....and it stuck so to speak.

anyway, my cfi saw it was bothering me. he said don't worry, that they can't take altitude. as we passed through abbout 1100 feet, i noticed the bee was barley able to fly...and in fact died on the glare shield, as steve squished him.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
If there are no cameras you can zip it up while in the elevator and no one will know you forgot.

I am not the one flying around with his bomb bay doors open all day long